Ideal storage conditions for TMT bars
TMT bars undergo thermo-mechanical treatment to improve their ductility, strength, and bendability. However, proper handling and storage of TMT bars are crucial to maintain their quality and features over time. Improper handling and storage can lead to damage to the TMT bars. As one of the leading TMT bar manufacturers, we share some of the useful insights on the ideal storage conditions for TMT bars:
1. TMT bars should be stored in a dry and damp proof space. TMT bars are reactive to moisture, and if left exposed to humid air or water for an extended period, they can rust and corrode, leading to damage and compromising the overall strength and stability of the steel.
2. In case of open construction spaces, it is important to store TMT bars in a location that can be covered with polythene sheets, which can protect them from dust and moisture.
3. To ensure proper handling and storage of TMT bars, organise them into bundles according to their grades and diameters.
4. Avoid over-stocking the storage room with TMT bars, as this can lead to accidents due to overloading or improper stacking.
5. Avoid storing paints, chemicals or any other corrosive substances in the same storage area.
6. When storing TMT bars for an extended period, it is important to avoid cleaning them with oily substances to remove any dust particles or rust.
7. Maintain consistent temperatures in the warehouse where you keep your TMT bars. Although TMT bars are made to withstand extreme temperatures, it is not ideal to subject them to temperature fluctuations.
8. You need to regularly inspect TMT bars for any damage or dirt accumulation. The rib surface of TMT bars can quickly catch dust which is why it is important to clean them regularly.
For proper storage and handling of TMT bars, you must have a comprehensive understanding of their manufacturing processes. You must be aware of different aspects such as – composition of TMT bars, the available grades, and the manufacturing process used. This knowledge is important to ensure that TMT bars are stored correctly, and buildings are constructed with maximum strength and durability.
Looking for the best TMT bar manufacturer?
If you are looking for high-quality and sturdy TMT bars, explore SEL Tiger TMT Bars. As a reputed TMT bar manufacturer in India, we produce 100% pure steel using iron ore and coal, and integrate the THERMEX quenching system, a German-based technology. Our products comply with the IS 2830:2012 standards for MS and CRS Grades and meet the IS 1786:2008 standards for CRS, FE415, and Fe550D Grade TMT bars.
How to measure the strength of TMT bars?
The materials used in construction projects play a significant role in determining the success and durability of the finished project. TMT bars, in particular, are known for their high tensile strength, ductility, and corrosion resistance, which makes them a popular choice among architects, construction engineers, and builders. However, before selecting TMT bars it is necessary to ensure that the bars are strong and suitable for your project. As one of the best TMT brands in India, we share with you some of the useful insights on measuring the strength of TMT bars:
Methods to Measure TMT Bar Strength:
The tensile strength test is one of the most common methods to measure the strength of TMT bars. The test involves preparing a sample of the TMT bar as per standards and placing it in a Universal Testing Machine (UTM) where a concentrated force is applied until the bar fractures. The maximum force applied and the actual cross-sectional area of the TMT bar are used to calculate the ultimate tensile strength (UTS). Yield strength is detected by selecting a point on the stress-strain curve where the TMT bar no longer remains elastic and becomes plastic. Both ultimate tensile strength and yield strength are crucial measurements for assessing the strength and flexibility of TMT bars.
The tensile strength of S-E-L Tiger TMT bars is measured using a universal testing machine (UTM)- it is designed to apply a controlled amount of force to a sample of the material to determine its mechanical properties, such as tensile strength, 0.2% proof stress, percentage of elongation, and total elongation. The UTM is equipped with a load cell, which measures the force applied to the sample, and a crosshead, which moves up and down to apply the force. The results obtained from the UTM can help to determine the suitability of the material for a specific application, and ensure that it meets the required standards and specifications.
Sampling & test piece preparation :
i) A sample (600 mm Approx. ) is collected from the cooling bed / lot. Sample surface should be defect free
ii) For deformed steel bar (IS 1786)/ steel round bar(IS 2062), sample is cut 0.5mtr (min)
iii) For other national or international standards, the sample is prepared as per the specification.
YS/0.2% proof stress, UTS, and elongation can be determined by following these steps:
- The sample’s mass per metre can be determined by weighing the sample and measuring its length, and then dividing the mass by the length to obtain Mass/mtr in Kg/Mtr. Section weight (SW) can be obtained by measuring the sample’s length (L) and weight (W), and then dividing the SW by 0.00785 to obtain the cross-sectional area (Ae)
- The specimen should be subjected to a hard punch according to the cross-sectional area (5.65√So or 5D) to determine its IGL
- Depending on the sample thickness, the upper and lower head jaw should be fixed, with 0 to 22mm Grip for 8 to 20mm, 10 to 30mm Grip for 25mm, and 30 to 50mm Grip for 32 & 36mm
- The software should be opened and the type of sample to be tested should be selected.
- The required data, such as Diameter, Length, weight, IGL, etc., should be entered.
- For analogue testing, the load range should be selected by the “Load regulator” according to the area of the test piece (trained operators only can operate the Universal testing machine).
- The upper end of the test piece should be fully gripped in the jaw rack of the upper crosshead, and the lower end of the specimen should be fully gripped between the lower jaw rack of the lower crosshead by moving the lover crosshead up (By up/Down button).
- The UTM should be started by pressing the Start button.
- The left control valve (Hydraulic Control valve) should be closed.
- For analogue testing, the load pointer should be adjusted to zero by adjusting the aluminium rack knob. For electronic testing, the load should be tared, and then the test should be started.
- The control valve on the right side of the panel should be turned slowly to the open position until the desired loading rate is achieved.
- The lower crosshead should be locked.
- The yield point should be noted by reading the load of the load pointer where it is stopped slightly. For electronic testing, it will be automatically calculated after feeding Final gauge length.
- The ultimate load should be read from the dial gauge.
- Loading should be continued until the test piece fractures.
- The right control valve should be closed, and the left control valve should be opened. The broken pieces should be removed.
- The broken pieces should be re-joined, and the extended distance between two punch points (FGL) should be measured.
The flexibility and bending strength of TMT bars are examined in a bending test, where the bar is subjected to a specified bending radius or diameter until it cracks or fractures. The TMT bar is bent in a device and visually inspected for fractures and cracks. The bending strength is calculated by dividing the maximum stress exerted on the bar during the bending test by the distance between the neutral axis and the outer surface of the bent bar. Higher bending strength indicates better ductility and elasticity of the TMT bar.
For S-E-L Tiger TMT bars, the bending test is conducted as per IS 1599 and using appropriately sized mandrels as specified in IS 1786.
Sampling & test piece preparation :
- The sample preparation involves rounding the edges of the tensile surface of the test piece and flattening the bend zone.
- The processing can be done by machining or grinding (except for HSDS Bar), with appropriate precautions taken to avoid superficial hardness increase.
- The testing can be conducted in a press or by bending over rollers. The capacity of the equipment must be appropriate to complete the bending.
- The specimen is cut as per the required length. (The length of the bend specimen depends upon the sample diameter and bending apparatus/engagement.)
- The appropriate mandrel is set in the UTM arrangement (The free length between two rollers should be Mandrel Length + 3 x Material Dia)
- The specimen, mandrel, and the roller fixtures are adjusted as required such that the load should be drawn in the middle portion of the specimen.
- Load is applied through the mandrel until its edges become parallel.
- The specimen is drawn out and checked for any crack or rupture on the bent portion.
- If no rupture or cracks are visible to a person of normal or corrected vision on the bent portion, the specimen shall be considered to have passed the test.
The rebend test is carried out to verify that the TMT bar has enough ductility to withstand bending and rebending without cracking or breaking. The re-bend test is important to ensure that the TMT bars meet the required standards and specifications for use in construction.
For S-E-L Tiger TMT bars, the bending test is conducted as per the guideline and appropriately sized mandrels as specified in IS 1786.
- The specimen is cut to the required length.
- The appropriate mandrel is set in the UTM arrangement.
- The specimen, mandrel, and roller fixtures are adjusted as required such that load should be drawn in the middle portion of the specimen.
- The test piece is bent to an included angle of 135o.
- The bent piece is kept in boiling water for 30 min.
- The test piece is taken out and allowed to cool.
- After cooling, it is bent back at an angle of 157.5o by reverse pressure.
The specimen shall be considered to have passed the test if no rupture or cracks are visible to a person of normal or corrected vision on the rebent portion.
Looking for the best TMT brand in India for your construction project?
Explore S-E-L Tiger TMT bars. The size range of the S-E-L Tiger TMT Rebar is from 5.5 mm to 32 mm. We operate two state-of-the-art integrated steel plants to fulfil the modern construction demands with the best quality TMT bars. Our TMT bars are widely known for their strength, durability, and versatility across India. The perfect blend of carbon and manganese endows the bars with endurance, making them resistant to fire, corrosion, and earthquakes.
Looking for the best tmt brand in India? Check this read on hiring a cost-conscious builder
When it comes to building your dream home, you want to find a builder who understands the value of cost-consciousness. You want someone who can work with you to find cost-effective solutions without compromising on quality. A cost-conscious builder can help you stay within your budget by providing a detailed breakdown of the costs involved in the construction process. They can also help you make informed decisions about the materials and design choices where you can save money without compromising the structural integrity of the home. Here we discuss some useful tips to find a cost conscious builder who can help you achieve your goals within your budget:
- Comparing quotes: Check the market rates before you choose your builder. An ideal way to do that is by getting quotes from multiple builders. You can get a good deal when you get quotes from other builders. Comparing different prices and services will ensure that you are getting the best value for your money.
- Check experience: When looking for a cost-conscious builder, experience is an important deciding factor. Usually an experienced builder can easily identify different cost saving opportunities without compromising on the structural integrity of your house. Research a builder’s experience and quality of construction materials the builder uses in projects. Before selecting a builder, schedule a face-to face consultation to discuss their previous experiences and the cost-saving measures they have adopted. You can ask about the builder’s approach to customer satisfaction and timely delivery. You want to work with a builder who is responsive to your needs and is committed to delivering your project on time and within budget.
- Ask for references: One effective way to assess a builder’s credibility and work experience is to contact the previous customers. When you contact a builder’s former clients, ask about their overall experience, including the quality of work, service, communication, timeliness and adherence to budget. Also, ask whether there were any unexpected issues that arose during the project or not. If there were issues, how did the builder handle it?
- Check for certifications and licenses: Certifications are a proof of expertise and standard of quality offered by the builders. Search for builders who have proper certifications and valid licenses to conduct business. A certificate from a relevant authority ensures that the builder has demonstrated substantial knowledge and experience in the industry. Also, check whether the builders are members of any professional associations or not.
- Clarify payment terms: Before zeroing in on a builder, check whether you understand the initial estimates and payment terms. Before signing any contract, understand the initial estimates and payment terms. Also, seek clarification on any ambiguous or complex clauses – it will ensure that both the parties are on the same page. This will help you avoid any misunderstandings or arguments down the way.
- Get the details in writing: You need to have every detail of the project in writing. The details are inclusive of factors such as the scope of work, timeline and budget. These terms have to be clearly outlined in writing.
You might like to read: TMT bar in India for home construction: Check these useful insights
Searching for the best TMT brand in India?
Check SEL Tiger TMT Bars. Manufactured using the latest quenching technology, SEL Tiger TMT bars are tougher on the outside and soft on the inside. We provide ISO, BIS certified and NABL approved TMT bars. Our TMT bars are fire resistant – they can withstand high temperatures up to 600°C to 650°C. Our TMT bars have high tensile strength, which makes them ideal for use in earthquake-prone areas.
For more information on TMT bar strength and TMT bar price, contact us.
How construction companies can boost their business: Useful insights by SEL Tiger TMT, one of the best TMT bar companies in India
In recent years, with increased urbanisation and industrialisation, construction companies have faced a surge in demand for infrastructure, residential and commercial projects. However, with increase in demand, there has been an increase in competition. As a result, it has become important for construction companies to adopt effective strategies to boost their business performance, tap into new markets, and remain competitive in the industry. From streamlined operations and improved project management to effective marketing techniques, there are a myriad of strategies that construction companies can use to successfully navigate the landscape. Here we discuss some useful strategies that a construction company should consider to boost their business:
- Adding new services and competitive pricing: Integrating new and trendy services such as renewable energy installations, smart home technology installations or sustainable construction practices, can significantly boost the business of a construction company. It can help the company stand out from their competitors, boost its reputation, and appeal to a wider customer base. Also, competitive pricing can help customers make better purchasing decisions. When deciding on the pricing, study the competitors’ pricing patterns and adjust accordingly. For some projects, it can be a good idea to offer discounts and promotions which can also attract more customers.
- Leverage the power of technology: Investing in the latest technological advancements can help construction companies stay ahead of the competition and meet the demands of the modern construction industry. The companies should actively adopt new technologies such as Building Information Modeling (BIM) software, drones for surveying and mapping, and project management software which can help streamline construction processes, reduce errors, and increase efficiency.
- Maintain quality and safety: Placing a strong emphasis on quality and safety can help the construction company build a strong reputation in the market. When it comes to quality and safety, it is important that construction companies buy high-quality construction materials such as TMT bars, cement and concrete.
Reputed construction companies prefer using SEL Tiger TMT bars as they are certified for MS and CRS Grades through IS 2830:2012 compliance. They also comply with IS 1786:2008 for CRS, FE415, and Fe550D Grade. As one of the top TMT brands, SEL Tiger TMT bars boast of consistent quality that make them an ideal choice for all construction projects.
Companies should implement stringent quality control procedures to ensure that each and every aspect of the project – right from the planning to construction, meets the requisite industry standards and regulations.
Strict quality control processes also ensure that the final outcome meets the client’s requirements and reduces the risk of rework and costly errors.
Companies should also invest in employee training to keep their staff up-to-date with the advanced construction techniques, safety practices and quality standards.
- Collaboration: To achieve business growth, it is important for a construction company to expand its networks and offer extensive services to clients. This can be achieved by collaborating with different businesses such as architects, interior designers and suppliers. Great collaborations can boost the reputation of the company and increase its visibility in the industry. Construction companies can also partner with different builders and contractors to boost their business. Most construction companies gain a wider clientele and generate higher sales when they start building relationships with industry professionals and reputed manufacturers.
- Online presence: Construction companies should work on developing and maintaining an online presence on social media platforms and review sites. This helps them reach a wider client base and build a strong connection with them. When it comes to social media, companies can showcase their past projects, share client testimonials and provide substantial content to attract potential clients.
You might like to read: Construction Trends To Watch Out in 2023
Are you planning to buy the best TMT in India for your next project?
Check SEL Tiger TMT Bars. Made using the latest and advanced technology, our TMT bars are strong, bendable, fire and corrosion resistant. The unique rib design of our TMT bars gives maximum Rib Area (AR) value, ensuring a strong, long-lasting bond with cement (concrete). To know more about our TMT bars, get in touch with us.
Check this read on commonly used corrosion-resistant construction materials
When metal is exposed to moisture, air, saltwater and other environmental factors, it causes them to degrade and weaken over time – and this process is known as corrosion. Construction companies prefer corrosion resistant construction materials because corrosion can impact the structural integrity of a structure and can lead to complete failure. When construction materials are exposed to harsh environmental conditions, they can corrode, leading to structural damage and safety hazards. This is particularly concerning for infrastructural projects such as buildings, dams, bridges and other construction that need to withstand harsh environmental conditions. Over here we discuss some of the common corrosion resistant construction materials :
- Stainless Steel: Due to its high chromium content, stainless steel forms a protective oxide layer that resists corrosion. Stainless steel is highly durable and strong. It is widely used in structural constructions such as columns, beams and braces. Stainless steel sheets are also used in cladding and roofing to enhance the aesthetic appeal of the construction. Their durability and resistance to adverse climatic conditions also make them a popular choice for building bridges, handrails and facades.
- Aluminium: Construction companies use aluminium due to its lightweight and its corrosion resistant properties. resistance to corrosion. Aluminium forms an oxide layer on its surface when exposed to air, which protects it from natural corroding substances such as moisture, salt and acidic substances. It is popularly used for roofing, gutters, and siding. Aluminium is also used in beams, columns, and trusses due to its light weight and strength. In addition to roofing and cladding, aluminium is widely used to manufacture doors and windows. Since aluminium is easy to work with, it is used to build curtain walls, which are non-load bearing walls that let in natural light while also maintaining optimum insulation throughout the year.
- Galvanised Steel: Galvanised steel is coated with a layer of zinc, which makes it an excellent corrosion-resistant material. It is widely used in different outdoor applications, such as fencing, roofing, handrails, balustrades and lighting poles. Galvanisation is the process of coating galvanised steel with a layer of zinc. The zinc coating acts as a sacrificial anode and corrodes first when exposed to moisture and harmful chemicals, protecting the underlying steel from corrosion. The process of galvanisation makes galvanised steel a popular choice for construction and industrial applications.
- Concrete with corrosion-resistant additives: Concrete is not inherently corrosion-resistant. However, when special additives are used in the correct proportions and under the right conditions, they can significantly improve the corrosion resistance of concrete. A few of these additives are:
- Corrosion inhibitors: Corrosion inhibitors are added to concrete mix or applied to the surface after concrete has been poured. They reduce the rate of corrosion by inhibiting the chemical reactions causing it.
- Waterproofing agents: It reduces the amount of water that penetrates the concrete, helping to prevent corrosion caused by moisture.
- Silica fume: A fine powder that is added to improve the strength and durability of concrete.
- Fly ash: A byproduct of coal-fired power plants, fly ash can be added to the concrete mix to improve its strength and durability.
- Stainless steel fibres: These fibres are added to the concrete mix to improve its strength and durability.
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC): PVC is made of plastic material and is commonly used in piping systems due to its inherent corrosion resistance property. It is a popular choice for construction applications due to its corrosion resistance, durability and environmental friendliness. PVC is resistant to corrosive chemicals, including acids and alkalis, thus making it ideal for use in chemical plants, water treatment facilities and underground pipelines.
- TMT bars: In recent years, the use of TMT bars with improved corrosion resistance has become increasingly popular in construction. In India, TMT bars are often referred to as “saria” in the local language. High-quality TMT bars are highly ductile, strong and are corrosion resistant. TMT bars owe their corrosion resistance to the presence of a protective layer of oxide on their surface. During their manufacturing, TMT bars are subjected to high temperatures and rapid cooling. It causes the outer layer of the TMT bar to harden. Also, due to the cooling process, a layer of oxide forms on the surface of the TMT bar. This oxide layer acts as a natural barrier that prevents air, moisture or other corrosive materials from penetrating to the underlying steel.
You might like to read: Reasons you should use the best quality sariya to make your home earthquake-resistant
If you are looking for the best saria brand in India, check SEL TIGER TMT bars. Available in sizes ranging from 5.5 mm to 32 mm, our TMT bars are not only corrosion resistant but are also earthquake and fire-resistant.
Home building trends to watch out in 2023: From biophilic design to the use of the best iron rods in India
With each year comes an opportunity to re-think your home and make it more comfortable, stylish, and functional. With that in mind, here we share with some of the best home-building trends to watch out in 2023:
1. Biophilic design: If there’s one trend that is unlikely to fade, it’s the biophilic design. It is a concept used to increase your connection to nature by incorporating natural materials. Biophilic design principles can be implemented in any type of home, from contemporary to traditional. In a traditional home, this might mean incorporating more wood panelling or stone fireplaces. In a contemporary home, it might mean large windows and ample houseplants. Some of the biophilic design ideas include:
- Use plants as a design element: Plants can help purify the air and make the space look more lively. They can also add visual interest and a sense of tranquillity to any space. You can dedicate an entire wall to plants, line your staircase with potted plants. You can also have a terrace or balcony garden.
- Highlight the outside view: If you are constructing your home, make sure the design elements not only allow more sunlight in but also capture the beauty of outdoor view such as landscape or city views. You can frame views of the outdoors with large picture windows. Large windows will also let in sunlight, making the space look bright and airy.
- Decorate with natural elements: Apart from decorating with plants, you can capture a natural feel by filling your home with textures, colours, and shapes that mimic nature. The use of natural materials such as stone, wood, cork, bamboo, and coir can help you achieve a rustic and close-to-nature look.
2. Use of best iron rods in India: Before building a house, it is essential to lay a strong foundation. The quality of the construction materials used will determine how well the foundation will withstand the ravages of time and weather. When choosing construction materials, it is important to select the best quality products to ensure the longevity and strength of the structure. One of the most important components of a strong foundation is the iron bars used to reinforce the concrete. Careful planning is required to choose the best quality iron bars. Here are a few things you should consider when buying the best quality iron:
- Manufacturing technique: The quality of a TMT bar is determined by the manufacturing technique used. SEL Tiger TMT bars are manufactured using the latest THERMEX technology. The advanced quenching method gives our SEL Tiger TMT bars a unique rib design which ensures a strong, long-lasting Tiger Bond with RCC.
- Bendability: One of the unique properties of TMT bars is their bendability. It is because of the advanced quenching process. TMT bars are tough on the surface yet soft in the core. This makes it easy to bend without breaking, making them ideal for use in a variety of construction projects.
- Earthquake resistance: Mechanical features such as high elongation percentage and high yield strength are critical for defining the bar’s capacity to withstand shocks caused by earthquake. Our SEL Tiger TMT bars have 16% elongation, which exceeds the 12% industry standard. This makes our TMT bars appropriate for use in high seismic zones.
- Fire resistance: Good quality TMT bars have higher thermal stability and fire resistance. Our SEL TMT bars have a higher melting point, meaning that they can withstand higher temperatures before they start to melt.
3. Colourful kitchens: The kitchen is the heart of the house. It is where you cook and gather with family and friends. So it’s no wonder that homeowners are ensuring that the kitchen is no longer dull and drab. Gone are the days of all-white cabinets and counters. Modern kitchens have a dual-colour scheme, creating a contrast.
4. Black accents: If you are looking to give your home a stylish update in the near future, you may want to consider painting your window frames black. This trend has been slowly gaining popularity over the past few years and it shows no signs of slowing down. Black window frames can give a modern and sophisticated look to any home and they can be easily paired with lacquered entryway doors.
5. Bold wallpaper: The wallpapers are back with a bang. These days, homeowners are using striking wallpapers to change the entire look and feel of the room. A colourful and wallpaper can elevate the look of a drab entryway or a cramped corner. A subtle wallpaper adds dimension and makes the room look spacious.
6. Statement ceiling: Statement ceilings are the latest interior design trend to take over residential spaces. Turning the spotlight on your ceiling instead is a great way to shake things up and create a cool design moment.
Looking for the best TMT bar company in India?
We manufacture high-quality TMT bars. We have factories in Sambalpur, Jamuria. Mangalpur, Pakuria and Girdih. Our Jamuria and Mangalpur plants cater to customers belonging to West Bengal. Our SEL Tiger TMT bars are fire-resistant, corrosion-resistant, earthquake resistant. As they have excellent bendability and flexibility, they are ideal for earthquake-prone areas. They are certified by BIS and ISO.For more information feel free to contact us.
Useful insights on creating the perfect floor plan for your home
A floor plan shows the basic layout of the property in scale from an aerial view. The drawing shows the relationship between rooms and how people will move through them. If you are getting your house built, an architect will design a floor plan that will give you an idea of the flow of the space. It will serve as the initial blueprint for your home that the contractors will refer to during construction. Here are some useful for creating the perfect floor plan for your home:
- Know the traffic flow: The layout of your home can have a big impact on the way you live. If you’re looking for a more open and spacious feel, an open-plan living/dining/kitchen space may be right for you. This type of floor plan is becoming increasingly popular as it can make a home feel larger. Another important consideration is the flow between indoors and outdoors. If you plan to spend a lot of time gardening, you’ll want to make sure your backdoor is open to the kitchen or near a small bathroom so you can easily wash the dirt off before tracking it through the house.
- Ensure to have a good amount of storage: Having a place for everything and keeping your things organised can be a challenge, especially if your storage spaces are limited. That’s why it’s important to plan ahead and make sure you have enough room to store all of your belongings. When you’re designing your home, be sure to include plenty of pantries, closets, and built-in cabinets. You can always fill the extra space with items that you use on a daily basis or seasonal decor. But if your storage areas are too small, you’ll find yourself constantly struggling to find a place for your things.
- Be practical: While the clean lines and open concept of modern home design have their merits, there is something to be said for a more traditional floor plan. If you entertain often or have children, you may find that an open concept house can feel a bit chaotic. Having defined spaces for different activities such as a living room for relaxing and a family room for watching TV can help to create a sense of order in your home. Though it may seem like a small detail, having a closet or mudroom near the front entrance can be extremely convenient for both you and your guests. When it comes to your home, don’t be afraid to go against the trend and choose what works best for you and your family.
- Be aware of the future needs: When you are planning your dream home, it is important to think about more than just the present. You also need to think about the future and how your needs may change over time. For example, if you have children:
- Will your home be able to accommodate many children?
- Is there any space for a nursery?
- Do you have space to boost your home-based business?
Note: Make sure the contractor uses top-quality construction materials. TMT Bars are one of the most important building materials as they support the entire structure. Use 550D TMT bars as they are known for high strength and ductility.
Are you looking for the best TMT bar company in India?
If you are looking for the best iron rods in India, explore SEL Tiger TMT bars. Our TMT bars are corrosion and fire-resistant and earthquake-resistant. Our TMT bars are ISO certified, BIS certified and NABL approved. Get in touch with us to know more.
Looking for the best TMT bar company in India? Here are some attributes to check
TMT bars are an important component in home construction. They are used in various applications, including masonry walls, reinforcement of concrete structures and steel frame buildings. When it comes to choosing the best TMT bar company in India, it can be a tad difficult. Here we have listed some of the attributes that you need to look out for when choosing the right TMT bars manufacturers in India:
- Manufacturing technology:
What separates a good manufacturer from an ordinary one is how they manufacture TMT bars. Best TMT bars manufacturers in India use the latest technology to ensure better grip in concrete, good elongation and fire and corrosion resistance. Our SEL TMT bars are manufactured with 100% pure steel using THERMEX technology. The unique rib design of our TMT bars ensures a strong and durable bond with cement.
- TMT bar grades that the company offer
Different TMT bar manufacturers in India offer products of different grades. The grade of the TMT bar determines the bar’s strength and elongation. At the time of selecting a manufacturer, make sure they offer the grade that you need. Fe550D TMT bars are among the most preferred grades across different industries. They are fire and corrosion resistant which makes them ideal for residential, commercial and multi-storey projects. They are also preferred for construction in earthquake-prone areas.
- Check the company’s market reputation
There are no two ways that the reputation of the company matters a lot. To check a company’s market reputation, first, ensure that they offer only certified products. Also look for important information on the manufactuers’ website such as manufacturing capability, customer testimonials and projects in which their products have been used. For instance, our SEL Tiger TMT bars are BIS certified, ISO certified and NABL approved. We have manufacturing units spread across West Bengal and Odisha. We have one plant each in Pakuria, Jamuria, Mangalpur (West Bengal) and Sambalpur (Odisha). Our TMT bars have been used in some of the leading housing projects.
- Make sure they offer rust and fire-resistant TMT bars
When selecting TMT bars manufacturers in India, quality and safety should be your top priority. Select manufacturers that offer products that can withstand exposure to fire and moisture. Made with superior technology, our SEL Tiger TMT Bars can withstand the impacts of harsh external weather such as rain, groundwater salinity or acidic substances. Our TMT bars are fire-resistant, they can withstand high temperatures up to 600°C to 650°C.
- Look for manufacturers that offer earthquake-resistant TMT bars
If you live in an area with a high seismic zone, it’s a good idea to go for a manufacturer that offers TMT bars with earthquake-resistant properties. In earthquake-prone areas, the government has made it compulsory to use TMT bars with earthquake-resistant properties. Our SEL Tiger TMT bars have high bendability, allowing it to withstand the effects of earthquakes.
For more details about our TMT bars, get in touch with us
Check these previous home decor trends that are making a comeback: insights by one of the leading manufacturers of the best TMT bar in India
Old seems to be new when it comes to home decor trends these days. Trends from the past are becoming quite popular. If you are planning to give your home a vintage look, we as one of the leading manufacturers of the best TMT bar in India, share with you trends that making a comeback
- Indoor plants are all the rage: Social media is filling up with images of colourful plants crammed into small balconies, window sills and kitchens. Indoor plants became popular in the 1970’s. However, in between they remain somewhat popular. However, during the pandemic, they gained immense popularity. Indoor plants give an earthy touch and rustic appeal to your home. Snake plants, aloe vera and peace lily are among the trendy plant choices today. Cacti and succulents are great choices to give a desk a lively vibe.
- Pastel colours are back with bang: Pink, peach, lavender, pistachio green, and powder blue are some of the hues that are back in trend. The early 1950’s witnessed an explosion of bathrooms with toilets, tubs, and sinks and walls tiled in pastel shades. These colours pink are making a comeback.
- The retro vibe of rattan furniture is here to rock: In the 1970s, rattan furniture was a popular choice for outdoor seating. However, in 2021, rattan is no longer confined to the outdoors. Rattan chairs are quite commonly seen in the living rooms while rattan baskets have found their place in bathrooms or as an organiser in the living room. They add texture and rustic vibe to rooms.
- Shabby chic furniture: Shabby chic is an interior design style that embraces a worn, lived-in look. Vintage furniture pieces that may look a little worn out give the house a distinct look and appeal.
- Nature-inspired wallpaper: In the 1960s, wallpapers were an important part of home decor. With paisley and floral designs being the most popular. However, their popularity faded a little bit and gave way to accent walls with textured paint. However, they are a key trend in 2021. Homeowners are using wallpapers to give their house a new look. Wallpapers are a cost-effective way to give you update your home and add interest to any room.
Note: Whether you love retro vibe or a modern interior design style, make sure you use the quality construction material at the time of building your house. TMT Bars are one of the most important construction materials as they are the backbone of a house. 550D TMT bars are an ideal choice for your home as they are corrosion resistant and earthquake resistant. They are highly seismically resistant. Therefore, they are preferred in building construction in earthquake zones 3, 4 & 5.
Looking for the best TMT bar for roofs?
A solid roof on a building is important for the safety of those who live in the house. The roof should be constructed using top quality TMT bars. If you are looking for the best TMT bar for roofs, explore SEL Tiger TMT bars. Manufactured using the advanced quenching process, Thermex, our TMT bars are fire and corrosion resistant. They are known for excellent bendability and thus ideal for earthquake-prone areas. Our TMT bars are
- BIS certified
- ISO certified
- NABL approved
Get in touch with us to know more about our TMT bars