How to measure the strength of TMT bars?
The materials used in construction projects play a significant role in determining the success and durability of the finished project. TMT bars, in particular, are known for their high tensile strength, ductility, and corrosion resistance, which makes them a popular choice among architects, construction engineers, and builders. However, before selecting TMT bars it is necessary to ensure that the bars are strong and suitable for your project. As one of the best TMT brands in India, we share with you some of the useful insights on measuring the strength of TMT bars:
Methods to Measure TMT Bar Strength:
The tensile strength test is one of the most common methods to measure the strength of TMT bars. The test involves preparing a sample of the TMT bar as per standards and placing it in a Universal Testing Machine (UTM) where a concentrated force is applied until the bar fractures. The maximum force applied and the actual cross-sectional area of the TMT bar are used to calculate the ultimate tensile strength (UTS). Yield strength is detected by selecting a point on the stress-strain curve where the TMT bar no longer remains elastic and becomes plastic. Both ultimate tensile strength and yield strength are crucial measurements for assessing the strength and flexibility of TMT bars.
The tensile strength of S-E-L Tiger TMT bars is measured using a universal testing machine (UTM)- it is designed to apply a controlled amount of force to a sample of the material to determine its mechanical properties, such as tensile strength, 0.2% proof stress, percentage of elongation, and total elongation. The UTM is equipped with a load cell, which measures the force applied to the sample, and a crosshead, which moves up and down to apply the force. The results obtained from the UTM can help to determine the suitability of the material for a specific application, and ensure that it meets the required standards and specifications.
Sampling & test piece preparation :
i) A sample (600 mm Approx. ) is collected from the cooling bed / lot. Sample surface should be defect free
ii) For deformed steel bar (IS 1786)/ steel round bar(IS 2062), sample is cut 0.5mtr (min)
iii) For other national or international standards, the sample is prepared as per the specification.
YS/0.2% proof stress, UTS, and elongation can be determined by following these steps:
- The sample’s mass per metre can be determined by weighing the sample and measuring its length, and then dividing the mass by the length to obtain Mass/mtr in Kg/Mtr. Section weight (SW) can be obtained by measuring the sample’s length (L) and weight (W), and then dividing the SW by 0.00785 to obtain the cross-sectional area (Ae)
- The specimen should be subjected to a hard punch according to the cross-sectional area (5.65√So or 5D) to determine its IGL
- Depending on the sample thickness, the upper and lower head jaw should be fixed, with 0 to 22mm Grip for 8 to 20mm, 10 to 30mm Grip for 25mm, and 30 to 50mm Grip for 32 & 36mm
- The software should be opened and the type of sample to be tested should be selected.
- The required data, such as Diameter, Length, weight, IGL, etc., should be entered.
- For analogue testing, the load range should be selected by the “Load regulator” according to the area of the test piece (trained operators only can operate the Universal testing machine).
- The upper end of the test piece should be fully gripped in the jaw rack of the upper crosshead, and the lower end of the specimen should be fully gripped between the lower jaw rack of the lower crosshead by moving the lover crosshead up (By up/Down button).
- The UTM should be started by pressing the Start button.
- The left control valve (Hydraulic Control valve) should be closed.
- For analogue testing, the load pointer should be adjusted to zero by adjusting the aluminium rack knob. For electronic testing, the load should be tared, and then the test should be started.
- The control valve on the right side of the panel should be turned slowly to the open position until the desired loading rate is achieved.
- The lower crosshead should be locked.
- The yield point should be noted by reading the load of the load pointer where it is stopped slightly. For electronic testing, it will be automatically calculated after feeding Final gauge length.
- The ultimate load should be read from the dial gauge.
- Loading should be continued until the test piece fractures.
- The right control valve should be closed, and the left control valve should be opened. The broken pieces should be removed.
- The broken pieces should be re-joined, and the extended distance between two punch points (FGL) should be measured.
The flexibility and bending strength of TMT bars are examined in a bending test, where the bar is subjected to a specified bending radius or diameter until it cracks or fractures. The TMT bar is bent in a device and visually inspected for fractures and cracks. The bending strength is calculated by dividing the maximum stress exerted on the bar during the bending test by the distance between the neutral axis and the outer surface of the bent bar. Higher bending strength indicates better ductility and elasticity of the TMT bar.
For S-E-L Tiger TMT bars, the bending test is conducted as per IS 1599 and using appropriately sized mandrels as specified in IS 1786.
Sampling & test piece preparation :
- The sample preparation involves rounding the edges of the tensile surface of the test piece and flattening the bend zone.
- The processing can be done by machining or grinding (except for HSDS Bar), with appropriate precautions taken to avoid superficial hardness increase.
- The testing can be conducted in a press or by bending over rollers. The capacity of the equipment must be appropriate to complete the bending.
- The specimen is cut as per the required length. (The length of the bend specimen depends upon the sample diameter and bending apparatus/engagement.)
- The appropriate mandrel is set in the UTM arrangement (The free length between two rollers should be Mandrel Length + 3 x Material Dia)
- The specimen, mandrel, and the roller fixtures are adjusted as required such that the load should be drawn in the middle portion of the specimen.
- Load is applied through the mandrel until its edges become parallel.
- The specimen is drawn out and checked for any crack or rupture on the bent portion.
- If no rupture or cracks are visible to a person of normal or corrected vision on the bent portion, the specimen shall be considered to have passed the test.
The rebend test is carried out to verify that the TMT bar has enough ductility to withstand bending and rebending without cracking or breaking. The re-bend test is important to ensure that the TMT bars meet the required standards and specifications for use in construction.
For S-E-L Tiger TMT bars, the bending test is conducted as per the guideline and appropriately sized mandrels as specified in IS 1786.
- The specimen is cut to the required length.
- The appropriate mandrel is set in the UTM arrangement.
- The specimen, mandrel, and roller fixtures are adjusted as required such that load should be drawn in the middle portion of the specimen.
- The test piece is bent to an included angle of 135o.
- The bent piece is kept in boiling water for 30 min.
- The test piece is taken out and allowed to cool.
- After cooling, it is bent back at an angle of 157.5o by reverse pressure.
The specimen shall be considered to have passed the test if no rupture or cracks are visible to a person of normal or corrected vision on the rebent portion.
Looking for the best TMT brand in India for your construction project?
Explore S-E-L Tiger TMT bars. The size range of the S-E-L Tiger TMT Rebar is from 5.5 mm to 32 mm. We operate two state-of-the-art integrated steel plants to fulfil the modern construction demands with the best quality TMT bars. Our TMT bars are widely known for their strength, durability, and versatility across India. The perfect blend of carbon and manganese endows the bars with endurance, making them resistant to fire, corrosion, and earthquakes.
Searching for the best sariya for home? Check why SEL Tiger TMT bars are popular construction materials for residential buildings
Choosing the best quality TMT sariya for home construction is important for the safety, durability, and cost-effectiveness of the building. It is important to choose a reputable manufacturer who follows the highest quality standards and uses the best raw materials to manufacture TMT sariya. If you are looking for the best TMT bar for house construction, explore SEL Tiger TMT bars as our TMT bars are known for their exceptional quality and unmatched performance.
Ensuring quality is a vital aspect of manufacturing high-grade TMT bars. We enforce stringent quality control measures to provide our customers with the finest quality products. We implement rigid quality control measures to offer the best quality products to our customers.
Some of the certifications we received include:
ISO 9001:2015 – This is a quality management system certification that focuses on meeting customer requirements and improving customer satisfaction.
ISO 140001:2015 – This is an environmental management system certification that demonstrates our commitment to reducing our environmental impact and complying with environmental regulations.
OHSMS 45001:2018 – This is a health and safety management system certification that demonstrates our commitment to ensuring a safe and healthy work environment for employees.
IS 1786:2008 – This is a certification for the manufacturing of TMT bars, indicating that we are manufacturing TMT bars that meet the required Indian Standards.
We also conduct regular training and development programs for our employees to upgrade their skills and knowledge in quality assurance.
Advantages of using SEL Tiger TMT Bars for residential buildings:
SEL Tiger TMT bars are the preferred choice of architects, builders, and contractors when it comes to the construction of residential projects. Our TMT bars are the most sought-after product in the market as they offer enhanced durability and longevity to your dream homes.
Let’s have a look at the key factors which makes SEL Tiger TMT bars a preferred product:
- SEL Tiger TMT bars undergo the process of controlled quenching and tempering which imparts strength and toughness to the TMT bars along with resistance to cracking, bending, and other types of damage.
- SEL Tiger TMT bars can withstand tough weather conditions.
- SEL Tiger TMT bars have a special rib pattern on their surface which allows the bars to bond well with concrete and cement mixture, which provides a stable sturdy structure without cracks.
- SEL Tiger TMT bars are earthquake resistant
- SEL Tiger TMT bars have better bendability and rebendability
- SEL Tiger TMT bars have consistent quality, making them apt for all construction needs
Cost-effectiveness of SEL Tiger TMT Bars
Construction materials are preferred on the basis of quality and affordable pricing.
- Excellent strength and flexibility: SEL Tiger TMT Bars have higher strength and flexibility than traditional mild steel bars, allowing for the use of fewer bars in construction projects, reducing transportation and material costs.
- Advanced bonding properties: The advanced bonding properties of SEL Tiger TMT Bars eliminate the need for extra steel reinforcement materials, reducing the overall construction cost.
- Corrosion resistance: SEL Tiger TMT Bars have high corrosion resistance, reducing the need for painting and anti-corrosive coatings, which saves maintenance costs.
- Long-term strength and durability: SEL Tiger TMT Bars have long-term strength and durability, reducing the chances of frequent repairs and replacements, which can add to the cost of construction.
Positive customer feedback:
SEL Tiger TMT Bars have impressed a number of customers. Our customers have shared their feedback which we have proudly displayed on our website. These messages from our esteemed customers encourage us to put in more hard work and raise the bar.
How construction companies can boost their business: Useful insights by SEL Tiger TMT, one of the best TMT bar companies in India
In recent years, with increased urbanisation and industrialisation, construction companies have faced a surge in demand for infrastructure, residential and commercial projects. However, with increase in demand, there has been an increase in competition. As a result, it has become important for construction companies to adopt effective strategies to boost their business performance, tap into new markets, and remain competitive in the industry. From streamlined operations and improved project management to effective marketing techniques, there are a myriad of strategies that construction companies can use to successfully navigate the landscape. Here we discuss some useful strategies that a construction company should consider to boost their business:
- Adding new services and competitive pricing: Integrating new and trendy services such as renewable energy installations, smart home technology installations or sustainable construction practices, can significantly boost the business of a construction company. It can help the company stand out from their competitors, boost its reputation, and appeal to a wider customer base. Also, competitive pricing can help customers make better purchasing decisions. When deciding on the pricing, study the competitors’ pricing patterns and adjust accordingly. For some projects, it can be a good idea to offer discounts and promotions which can also attract more customers.
- Leverage the power of technology: Investing in the latest technological advancements can help construction companies stay ahead of the competition and meet the demands of the modern construction industry. The companies should actively adopt new technologies such as Building Information Modeling (BIM) software, drones for surveying and mapping, and project management software which can help streamline construction processes, reduce errors, and increase efficiency.
- Maintain quality and safety: Placing a strong emphasis on quality and safety can help the construction company build a strong reputation in the market. When it comes to quality and safety, it is important that construction companies buy high-quality construction materials such as TMT bars, cement and concrete.
Reputed construction companies prefer using SEL Tiger TMT bars as they are certified for MS and CRS Grades through IS 2830:2012 compliance. They also comply with IS 1786:2008 for CRS, FE415, and Fe550D Grade. As one of the top TMT brands, SEL Tiger TMT bars boast of consistent quality that make them an ideal choice for all construction projects.
Companies should implement stringent quality control procedures to ensure that each and every aspect of the project – right from the planning to construction, meets the requisite industry standards and regulations.
Strict quality control processes also ensure that the final outcome meets the client’s requirements and reduces the risk of rework and costly errors.
Companies should also invest in employee training to keep their staff up-to-date with the advanced construction techniques, safety practices and quality standards.
- Collaboration: To achieve business growth, it is important for a construction company to expand its networks and offer extensive services to clients. This can be achieved by collaborating with different businesses such as architects, interior designers and suppliers. Great collaborations can boost the reputation of the company and increase its visibility in the industry. Construction companies can also partner with different builders and contractors to boost their business. Most construction companies gain a wider clientele and generate higher sales when they start building relationships with industry professionals and reputed manufacturers.
- Online presence: Construction companies should work on developing and maintaining an online presence on social media platforms and review sites. This helps them reach a wider client base and build a strong connection with them. When it comes to social media, companies can showcase their past projects, share client testimonials and provide substantial content to attract potential clients.
You might like to read: Construction Trends To Watch Out in 2023
Are you planning to buy the best TMT in India for your next project?
Check SEL Tiger TMT Bars. Made using the latest and advanced technology, our TMT bars are strong, bendable, fire and corrosion resistant. The unique rib design of our TMT bars gives maximum Rib Area (AR) value, ensuring a strong, long-lasting bond with cement (concrete). To know more about our TMT bars, get in touch with us.
Check this read on commonly used corrosion-resistant construction materials
When metal is exposed to moisture, air, saltwater and other environmental factors, it causes them to degrade and weaken over time – and this process is known as corrosion. Construction companies prefer corrosion resistant construction materials because corrosion can impact the structural integrity of a structure and can lead to complete failure. When construction materials are exposed to harsh environmental conditions, they can corrode, leading to structural damage and safety hazards. This is particularly concerning for infrastructural projects such as buildings, dams, bridges and other construction that need to withstand harsh environmental conditions. Over here we discuss some of the common corrosion resistant construction materials :
- Stainless Steel: Due to its high chromium content, stainless steel forms a protective oxide layer that resists corrosion. Stainless steel is highly durable and strong. It is widely used in structural constructions such as columns, beams and braces. Stainless steel sheets are also used in cladding and roofing to enhance the aesthetic appeal of the construction. Their durability and resistance to adverse climatic conditions also make them a popular choice for building bridges, handrails and facades.
- Aluminium: Construction companies use aluminium due to its lightweight and its corrosion resistant properties. resistance to corrosion. Aluminium forms an oxide layer on its surface when exposed to air, which protects it from natural corroding substances such as moisture, salt and acidic substances. It is popularly used for roofing, gutters, and siding. Aluminium is also used in beams, columns, and trusses due to its light weight and strength. In addition to roofing and cladding, aluminium is widely used to manufacture doors and windows. Since aluminium is easy to work with, it is used to build curtain walls, which are non-load bearing walls that let in natural light while also maintaining optimum insulation throughout the year.
- Galvanised Steel: Galvanised steel is coated with a layer of zinc, which makes it an excellent corrosion-resistant material. It is widely used in different outdoor applications, such as fencing, roofing, handrails, balustrades and lighting poles. Galvanisation is the process of coating galvanised steel with a layer of zinc. The zinc coating acts as a sacrificial anode and corrodes first when exposed to moisture and harmful chemicals, protecting the underlying steel from corrosion. The process of galvanisation makes galvanised steel a popular choice for construction and industrial applications.
- Concrete with corrosion-resistant additives: Concrete is not inherently corrosion-resistant. However, when special additives are used in the correct proportions and under the right conditions, they can significantly improve the corrosion resistance of concrete. A few of these additives are:
- Corrosion inhibitors: Corrosion inhibitors are added to concrete mix or applied to the surface after concrete has been poured. They reduce the rate of corrosion by inhibiting the chemical reactions causing it.
- Waterproofing agents: It reduces the amount of water that penetrates the concrete, helping to prevent corrosion caused by moisture.
- Silica fume: A fine powder that is added to improve the strength and durability of concrete.
- Fly ash: A byproduct of coal-fired power plants, fly ash can be added to the concrete mix to improve its strength and durability.
- Stainless steel fibres: These fibres are added to the concrete mix to improve its strength and durability.
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC): PVC is made of plastic material and is commonly used in piping systems due to its inherent corrosion resistance property. It is a popular choice for construction applications due to its corrosion resistance, durability and environmental friendliness. PVC is resistant to corrosive chemicals, including acids and alkalis, thus making it ideal for use in chemical plants, water treatment facilities and underground pipelines.
- TMT bars: In recent years, the use of TMT bars with improved corrosion resistance has become increasingly popular in construction. In India, TMT bars are often referred to as “saria” in the local language. High-quality TMT bars are highly ductile, strong and are corrosion resistant. TMT bars owe their corrosion resistance to the presence of a protective layer of oxide on their surface. During their manufacturing, TMT bars are subjected to high temperatures and rapid cooling. It causes the outer layer of the TMT bar to harden. Also, due to the cooling process, a layer of oxide forms on the surface of the TMT bar. This oxide layer acts as a natural barrier that prevents air, moisture or other corrosive materials from penetrating to the underlying steel.
You might like to read: Reasons you should use the best quality sariya to make your home earthquake-resistant
If you are looking for the best saria brand in India, check SEL TIGER TMT bars. Available in sizes ranging from 5.5 mm to 32 mm, our TMT bars are not only corrosion resistant but are also earthquake and fire-resistant.
Top Challenges faced by homeowners during construction: Useful insights by a TMT bar supplier
As a homeowner, you will find your home construction project exciting and rewarding. But it can also come with some challenges. As a reputed TMT bar supplier, here we share useful insights on common challenges that you may face during construction:
1. Project approvals: The first step to building your dream home is getting the approvals for your project. You need to get several approvals before the contractor can start working on the project. You need to get approvals from several government and municipal bodies. This may entail a lot of applications and submissions which can be time-consuming. Some of the common approvals you need are:
- Land clearance
- Building approval
- Zonal approval
2. Finding the right contractor: Finding the right contractor who will understand your specific requirements and ensure the perfect home construction is very important. To shortlist potential contractors, you will have to research, read reviews and ratings online, and check to see if they are licensed.
3. Budget constraints: Staying within the budget is one of the biggest challenges you may face. The cost of construction materials, labour, and other expenses can quickly add up. It is important to carefully plan and allocate funds to stay on track. Thus, you must have a proper understanding of your budget and discuss it in detail with your contractor to avoid changes or modifications to the original plan.
4. Safety concerns: Construction sites are usually hazardous places. Therefore, it is important for you to make sure that the contractor you hire is reliable and follows all safety measures. This should be done for the safety of workers and site visitors like you and your family members.
5. Deciding the house plan and related changed orders: Change orders are required when you want to make changes to the initial construction plan. These changes will delay the project time and cost extra. It is recommended that you carefully consider the changes you want.
6. Finding quality building materials: Ensuring that your contractor uses high-quality building materials can be a major concern for you. You may face some challenges in deciding which cement, ready mix concrete, TMT bars, waterproofing solutions and other building materials to use. When you are choosing building materials, always ensure that you choose products that not just meet your budget but are also suitable in terms of durability and strength. The materials used in construction need to be strong enough to support the weight of the structure and withstand the various forces it will be subjected to, such as wind, rain and earthquakes.
To create a strong structure, you need good quality cement and TMT bars. Though cement is strong, you need TMT bars to give the structure stability and strength. When high-quality TMT bars are used, structures can resist the effects of seismic activities. Fe550D TMT bars are recommended for earthquake-prone zones.
Looking for a reputed TMT bar supplier?
If you are searching ‘TMT tmt bar suppliers near me’, online explore SEL Tiger TMT Bars. Made using the latest and advanced technology, SEL Tiger TMT Bars are corrosion and fire resistant. They are also highly ductile and resistant to earthquakes. SEL Tiger TMT bars have a higher elongation percentage than other TMT bars. This high bendability of SEL Tiger TMT bars help the structure to withstand tremors and the after-effects of earthquakes. Our SEL Tiger TMT bars are Fe 550D grade. For more details feel free to contact us.
Using the best TMT bars for construction? Here are some do’s and don’ts you should know about
TMT bars are known for their superior ductility, high tensile strength, weldability and elongation. When you use the best TMT bars for construction, you can expect them to withstand significant loads and stress. However, to leverage the benefit of the best TMT rod for construction, they must be properly handled.
Here is a list of do’s and don’ts you can keep in mind while using the best TMT bars for construction:
- Use the correct size: The most important thing to keep in mind is that you are using the correct size and grade of bars for your construction. Based on the load-bearing requirements of the structure, the size and grade of the TMT bars should be used. The size of the concrete blocks or slabs should also be chosen accordingly. Discuss with a structural engineer or any other construction professional for their recommendations to ensure that you are using the right size and grade of TMT bars for your project.
- Ensure proper storage: Ensure that the TMT bars are kept in a dry and damp-proof storage place to protect them from moisture and degradation. TMT bars that need to be stored for a longer period of time need to be stored in secured packaging.
- Ensure that storage space is dry: The place where you are storing your TMT bars should be damp-proof. Any kind of moisture is not good for proper storage of TMT bars and they must always be stored in a dry space.
- Ensure proper ventilation: Make sure that the place where you are storing your TMT bars has proper ventilation. High levels of humidity can affect TMT bars.
- Do not over-stack : Ensure that your TMT bars are not stacked as that may lead to accidents. It is also advisable to not over-stack a storage space with TMT bars as that may also compromise the sturdy structure of the rod.
- Do not use damaged or bent bars: It is never recommended to use TMT bars that are damaged or bent. Carefully scrutinise the TMT bars before they are put to use. If you find damaged bars, discard them.
- Do not keep TMT bars on the floor: It is not advisable to keep TMT bars directly on the floor. This is done to avoid contact with dust particles and water droplets.
- Do not store them with abrasive materials: Never store paints, chemicals or any other corrosive substances in the same storage space as the TMT bars.
- Don’t use TMT bars for purposes other than their intended use: Different TMT bars are designed for specific applications. It is important to use TMT bars only for their intended purpose in construction. Using TMT bars for purposes other than reinforcing concrete structures can compromise their performance and safety. TMT bars are designed and manufactured specifically for reinforcing concrete and are not suitable for other applications.
Looking for the best TMT bars for construction?
If you are looking for the best TMT bar construction, consider SEL Tiger TMT bars. Here are some reasons to choose our TMT bars:
- Our TMT bars are made in automated CNC machines which give them accurate and perfect ribs. Manufactured using the latest quenching technology, SEL Tiger TMT bars have a unique rib design that ensures a long-lasting bond with the concrete. SEL Tiger TMT bars are Fe 550D grade which make them ideal for areas with high seismic activities.
- SEL Tiger TMT bars are fire and corrosion-resistant. They can withstand temperatures up to 600 degrees Celsius and withstand the effects of rain, salinity and acidic substances.
Building a new house? Here are different types of roofs you should know about
The roof of a house is one of the most important architectural elements of the house. It can help give your house a unique and signature look. If you are building a new house, it’s a good idea to understand the different types of roofs so that you can choose the right type to give your house the desired look and feel. As a reputed TMT saria company, we share with you a list of different types of roofs you should know about:
- Gable roofs: Gable roofs are among the most popular types of roofs. They have a distinctive triangular shape, which often forms an A-shape. They not only look elegant but also are affordable. As their design is so simple, it can be built with almost any type of material. They are ideal for areas that receive a lot of rain. The slope diverts the water downwards.
- Gambrel roof: Like gable roofs, gambrel roofs are also two-sided. But gambrel roofs have vertical gable ends and two slopes on each side. It makes the house look taller and gives increased storage or living space beneath its steeper sides.
- Hip roof: Often people confuse hip roofs with gable roofs. The two are distinct. Gable roofs have two symmetrical slopes on both sides. However, a hip roof slopes downward from all four sides. Hipped roofs are often preferred in extreme climates as the sturdy design makes them more durable. The design also prevents rainwater from accumulating.
- Flat roofs: As the name suggests, flat roofs are completely level or horizontal. They usually feature drain pipes and gutters to let water flow out. Usually flat roofs have one big advantage, they give you extra outdoor space that can be used to create a garden, place swings or use it as a patio.
- Butterfly roofs: Known for their distinctive design, butterfly roofs have two sides that slope down and meet in the middle, making a “V” or butterfly wings. These roofs are one of the most aesthetically pleasing. They can be used in traditional as well as ultra-modern houses. For proper drainage of water a downspout is attached to the roof valley (V-shaped area). The water collected can be recycled.
- Pyramid roofs: These roofs are a type of hip roof with four sloping sides. These roofs get their name from their shape that looks like ancient pyramids. They are different from standard hip roofs which form a ridge in the centre. Pyramid roofs are ideal for smaller homes as they make the house look larger from the outside. They can also be used as roofs for certain parts of the home such as garages or sheds. They are also sturdier than gable roofs.
- Mansard Roof: Synonymous with the French architecture, a mansard roof is a combination of a hip and a gambrel roof. This four-sided design has a double slope. The lower slopes can be flat or curved. The Louvre Museum in Paris is an excellent example of the mansard roof.
Looking for a TMT rod company for your house?
Now, that you know the different types of roofs, it’s important to understand that you create a strong foundation, columns and beams to give your house stability and strength. Although cement concrete is strong, it has low tensile strength. Therefore, high-quality TMT Bars are used in cement concrete to increase the tensile strength. As a reputed TMT rod company, we offer high-quality TMT bars. Available in sizes ranging from 5.5 mm to 32 mm, our SEL Tiger TMT bars are corrosion, earthquake, and fire-resistant. They are highly ductile and can hold the building during an earthquake for their tensile strength. 550D grade TMT bars are the most suitable for high seismic zones. SEL TIGER TMT bars comply with IS 1786:2008 for CRS Fe550D Grade. For more details, feel free to contact us.
Reasons you should use the best quality sariya to make your home earthquake-resistant
India is a country with many earthquake-prone areas. In fact, there are a few regions that are not earthquake-prone. According to a report, 56% of India’s land area is prone to moderate-to-severe earthquakes. It is, therefore, important to use high-quality construction materials to ensure the stability of structures in earthquake-prone areas. One important construction material is sariya (TMT bars). Best quality sariya plays a very important role in making a building earthquake-resistant. Here are some reasons you should use the best quality sariya to make your home earthquake-resistant:
- Ductility: When it comes to seismic resistance, ductility is one of the important features of the TMT bars. The TMT bars can bring a higher level of flexibility to the structure due to its unique manufacturing process, which makes it ideal for buildings in areas where earthquakes are frequent. This ensures that when the buildings are shaken up in the event of an earthquake, it can easily absorb the shocks without breaking.
- Corrosion resistance: Corrosion is a major problem for many types of structures. When ordinary sariya corrodes, it weakens and becomes more vulnerable to the after-effects of an earthquake. This is why many engineers, contractors and builders prefer to use corrosion-resistant TMT bars. SEL Tiger TMT bars come with enhanced anti-corrosive properties which ensures that the concrete is bonded tightly with the bars. All these properties of our TMT bars keep buildings standing even under stress.
- High strength: Earthquake-resistant TMT bars also come in various grades of strength and ductility. 550D grade TMT bars are the most suitable for earthquake-prone areas as they have mechanical properties (strength & ductility) with consistent quality to resist tremors. SEL TIGER TMT bars comply with IS 1786:2008 for CRS Fe550D Grade.
- Flexibility: Best quality sariya have good flexibility and bendability, which ensures that they do not break while bending. This attribute is very important when you are looking for the best quality sariya for high seismic zones. Our SEL TigerTMT bars have 16% elongation. This bendability and flexibility help TMT bars in resisting the effects of earthquakes. In addition, the unique composition of Fe 550D allows it to resist corrosion and weathering, making it a durable choice for any construction project.
- Fire resistance: Often tremors caused by severe earthquakes can cause fires. These fires start when electrical and gas lines are dislodged due to the earth’s shaking. Due to the high thermal stability, SEL Tiger TMT bars can withstand 400 to 600-degree temperatures; this ensures the structural integrity of the buildings even during a fire.
Are you looking for the best quality sariya?
Our SEL Tiger TMTbars are among the best quality sariya. They are known for durability and strength. We sell the best quality TMT bars in over 16 states in India. Our SEL Tiger TMT bars have a unique rib design that ensures a strong, gives maximum Rib Area (AR) value, and long-lasting Tiger Bond with RCC. Our TMT bars are corrosion-resistant. For more details, feel free to contact us.
If you are searching online with phrases such as TMT bar Price Today or TMT bar price, here’s a list of FAQs for you
When it comes to construction, using the best materials is of the utmost importance. This is especially true for the TMT bars that make up the framework of a building. They provide strength and enhance the durability of the constructed structure. If you are searching online with phrases such as TMT bar price today or TMT bar price, here’s a list of FAQs for you:
Question 1: Why is TMT used in construction?
TMT bars are available in a variety of sizes and grades to suit the specific requirements of the project. TMT bars can bear sudden stress, making them an excellent choice to use in earthquake-prone areas.
Question 2: What is the process of Thermo Mechanically Treatment?
Thermo-Mechanical Treatment (TMT) helps to create TMT bars that are tough on the outside and soft on the inside. This is because the variation in temperature during the manufacturing process creates two layers of steel. The tough outer core provides ductility, strength, and hardness, while the softer inner core gives flexibility and better bendability.
Question 3: How to check the quality of TMT bars?
The easiest way to check the quality of TMT bars is to ask dealers for a certification. TMT bars are certified for quality and safety by leading monitoring agencies that meet safety and quality standards.
Our SEL Tiger TMT bars are
- ISO Certified
- BIS certified
- NABL approved
Question 4: How can you tell good quality TMT Bars?
If you are looking for good quality TMT bars, here are a few things to check:
- Grade of TMT bars: The first thing you need to do is understand the various grades of TMT bars. Some of the common grades are Fe-500, Fe-415, Fe-550, and Fe-600. The numbers indicate the stress level that must be applied to deform the bar.
- Latest manufacturing technology: The strength of a TMT bar is determined by how it is manufactured. We use 100% pure steel and the latest Thermex technology to make our TMT bars. This makes our bars tougher on the outside and soft on the inside, ensuring that they are durable yet malleable.
- Flexibility: It is important to check the flexibility of TMT bars before buying them. Our TMT bars have superior bendability and their elongation of 14.5% helps in resisting earthquakes. As a result, you can be confident that our TMT bars will provide the necessary support for your construction project.
- Corrosion resistance: When buying TMT bars, it is important to make sure that they are corrosion resistant and can withstand exposure to groundwater salinity and acid particles.
Question 5: What is the TMT bar price today?
The TMT bar price varies from one state to another. The grade of the raw materials used, the quenching technology employed, and other factors all play a role in determining the final price. Check the TMT bar price here.
Looking for top-quality TMT bars? Check the features of the SEL Tiger TMT bar
Made with 100% pure steel, our SEL Tiger TMT bars are manufactured using the advanced German-based quenching process. Our TMT bars come with maximum rib area value which makes the bonds with cement stronger. They are available in different sizes, starting from 5.5 mm to 32 mm. Get in touch with us to know more about SEL Tiger TMT.
From selecting the best TMT bar in India to choosing the right builder- here are some important factors to consider before you build your new home
If you are planning to build your dream home, make sure you take advantage of the opportunity to create an ideal space that suits your lifestyle and needs. Building a home is a huge investment so it’s important to get everything right from beginning till the end. To make things a bit easier for you, we share with you important factors to consider before you build your new home:
1. Checklist of your needs: It can be quite tempting to get started with the construction at the earliest. To avoid costly
redos it is best to go step-wise. Creating a checklist of must haves for your home project is important as it will help you communicate better with your architect and contractor.
2. Plan your space: When planning your space, there are some many things to consider. How many members will be living in the house? Do you want spacious rooms and kitchens? Do you have any special requirements of say a mini-theatre room or a small study? Keep your personal needs in mind when planning the space.
Note: Everybody wants a bright and airy house. At the time of planning the rooms and windows, make sure you take the direction of the sun into account.
3. Get the right material: Using the right materials is a very crucial factor in home construction. A good home should be able to last for decades. For that it has to be sturdy and well-constructed. Do not skimp on quality materials.
4. Select the best TMT bar in India: TMT bars carry the load of your entire building. And, that’s one construction material that you should not compromise on. Ordinary TMT bars corrode due to the constant exposure to moist air or heavy rainfall. So, buy top quality bars that are corrosion and earthquake resistant. Fe 550D TMT bars are most widely used TMT bars used for residential and commercial projects.
We are among the best TMT brands in India. Our SEL Tiger TMT bars are known for their strength and durability. Made of 100% pure steel using the German-based quenching system – THERMEX, our SEL Tiger TMT bars
- Have unique rib design gives maximum Rib Area (AR) value for a long-lasting Tiger Bond with concrete.
- Are technologically superior
- Are Corrosion-resistant
- Are Earthquake resistant
- Offer better bendability, re-bendability and ease of cutting.
Get in touch with us to know more about our TMT bars
5. Set the budget: Once you know your needs and wants, it’s time to talk about budgeting. Using the checklist, research and create a budget. Figure out priorities, adjust the wishlist accordingly. Besides construction cost, there are many other additional expenses such as building permits, local authorities fees, off-site living expenses and property taxes. When chalking out the budget, do consider these expenditures.
Note: If you are taking a construction loan, remember not only expenses will be covered.
6. Choose the right builder: Choosing the right builder is important to make your dream house a reality. Before asking shortlisting contractors, it is a good idea to get the blueprint of the house ready. This way, you can figure out whether you need a general builder and a specialist. Here are a few tips to select a builder:
- Analyse the project’s scope: You will find all kinds of contractors in the market — high-end building companies or individual contractors. The selection depends on the scope of the project. High-end building companies may have a better timeline but they may cost you more.
- Get recommendations from family and friends: Before contacting the contractors, ask your friends and family for photos of their house, so that you get an idea about the quality of work.
- Read online reviews: To know more about the contractors, read client testimonials on their websites. There are many open online forums where clients leave reviews about contractors.