Reasons you should use the best quality sariya to make your home earthquake-resistant
India is a country with many earthquake-prone areas. In fact, there are a few regions that are not earthquake-prone. According to a report, 56% of India’s land area is prone to moderate-to-severe earthquakes. It is, therefore, important to use high-quality construction materials to ensure the stability of structures in earthquake-prone areas. One important construction material is sariya (TMT bars). Best quality sariya plays a very important role in making a building earthquake-resistant. Here are some reasons you should use the best quality sariya to make your home earthquake-resistant:
- Ductility: When it comes to seismic resistance, ductility is one of the important features of the TMT bars. The TMT bars can bring a higher level of flexibility to the structure due to its unique manufacturing process, which makes it ideal for buildings in areas where earthquakes are frequent. This ensures that when the buildings are shaken up in the event of an earthquake, it can easily absorb the shocks without breaking.
- Corrosion resistance: Corrosion is a major problem for many types of structures. When ordinary sariya corrodes, it weakens and becomes more vulnerable to the after-effects of an earthquake. This is why many engineers, contractors and builders prefer to use corrosion-resistant TMT bars. SEL Tiger TMT bars come with enhanced anti-corrosive properties which ensures that the concrete is bonded tightly with the bars. All these properties of our TMT bars keep buildings standing even under stress.
- High strength: Earthquake-resistant TMT bars also come in various grades of strength and ductility. 550D grade TMT bars are the most suitable for earthquake-prone areas as they have mechanical properties (strength & ductility) with consistent quality to resist tremors. SEL TIGER TMT bars comply with IS 1786:2008 for CRS Fe550D Grade.
- Flexibility: Best quality sariya have good flexibility and bendability, which ensures that they do not break while bending. This attribute is very important when you are looking for the best quality sariya for high seismic zones. Our SEL TigerTMT bars have 16% elongation. This bendability and flexibility help TMT bars in resisting the effects of earthquakes. In addition, the unique composition of Fe 550D allows it to resist corrosion and weathering, making it a durable choice for any construction project.
- Fire resistance: Often tremors caused by severe earthquakes can cause fires. These fires start when electrical and gas lines are dislodged due to the earth’s shaking. Due to the high thermal stability, SEL Tiger TMT bars can withstand 400 to 600-degree temperatures; this ensures the structural integrity of the buildings even during a fire.
Are you looking for the best quality sariya?
Our SEL Tiger TMTbars are among the best quality sariya. They are known for durability and strength. We sell the best quality TMT bars in over 16 states in India. Our SEL Tiger TMT bars have a unique rib design that ensures a strong, gives maximum Rib Area (AR) value, and long-lasting Tiger Bond with RCC. Our TMT bars are corrosion-resistant. For more details, feel free to contact us.