Building your own custom home is an incredible opportunity to create a space that suits your preferences and lifestyle. You have the freedom to select everything you want, starting from building materials to house plans . If you are getting your house constructed, here are some construction trends to watch out in 2023:
1. Open and flexible floor plans: Modern homes have become synonymous with open floor plans. Unobstructed by walls, open floor plans make the living room area a unified space where the kitchen, the dining space and living area merge. Such floor plans remove separation and provide a more free-flowing area for entertainment or family time.
2. Individual style: Construction trends are reflecting a move toward personal style and individuality. More and more homeowners are choosing designs and materials that reflect who they are. Rather than working around a pre-existing home’s floor plan, homeowners are planning every detail to create their dream home. For instance, from home office to home gym, from floor to ceiling windows to skylights, homeowners are making their house an extension of their personality.
3. Sustainable building practices: Standard construction practices often contribute towards air pollution, water pollution and waste generation. However, homeowners, architects and contractors are adopting a “green” approach. Homeowners ask their contractors to opt for eco-friendly building materials and practices to make their home sustainable. From using cement and concrete that consume less water to making provisions for water harvesting and solar panels, there’s a huge interest in reducing the overall footprint of the house.
4. Earthquake-resistant buildings: As 56% of India’s land area is prone to moderate-to-severe earthquakes, homeowners are making sure that they use high-quality construction materials to give their homes the stability and strength to resist the effects of earthquakes. One way to ensure the stability of a structure is to use earthquake-resistant TMT rods. High quality TMT rods have good bendability. This ensures that they do not break under stress.
If you are looking for top best quality TMT rods, explore SEL Tiger TMT bars. Standard TMT rods have 14% elongation whereas SEL TigerTMT bars have 16% elongation. This bendability and flexibility help TMT bars in resisting the effects of earthquakes. SEL Tiger TMT bars comply with IS 1786:2008 for CRS Fe550D Grade. The unique composition of 550D allows our SEL Tiger TMT bars to resist corrosion and weathering, making it a durable choice for any construction project. Click here for rod price in Odisha. For more information, contact us.
5. Outdoor living: While it is not a new trend, there’s a renewed interest among homeowners in making outdoor spaces more livable. Homeowners are converting their backyards and patios into extended living spaces for dining and entertaining purposes. Outdoor kitchens, water features, and gazebos make the outdoor space more functional and stylish.
Patterns and bold colours: While the last few years have seen a strong presence of minimalism and neutrals, there has been a shift to patterns and bold colours. Homeowners are using deep and moody colour tones to lend their homes a unique look. To break the monotony of neutral walls, patterned furniture pieces are being used. Wallpaper back with a bang. They are being used to add a “wow” factor to the living space.
If you are planning to build a house in Odisha, finding a contractor and negotiating the contract can be an uphill task. Some contractors are willing to negotiate their price and others won’t budge. The good news is that there are some negotiation strategies that may come in handy when you are dealing with contractors. Here’re some tips to negotiate with your contractor on TMT bar price in Odisha and other construction costs:
Hiring a contractor is a big decision. You want to make sure that the company you pick is reliable and licensed. The best way to find a good contractor is to ask for recommendations from friends or family. You can also read reviews online. Once you have a few names, you should look at their work and ask for references from their past clients. In some cases, you may find that working with less experienced contractors is more cost-effective. But you will have to make sure that you’re comfortable with their level of expertise.
Getting multiple bids from contractors can help you ensure that you’re getting the best value for your money. It’s also a good idea to talk to multiple contractors and solicit their advice, as this can give you some new ideas for construction. Moreover, it’s worth taking the time to compare quotations and talk to multiple contractors before making a final decision.
Although it may be tempting to give your contractors a high-end budget figure to get them to provide a better quality of work, this may actually backfire as unexpected costs may come up during the project. Instead, give your contractors a figure with some buffer. This will help to ensure that you stay within budget, even if there are unexpected costs along the way.
Most people tend to schedule home renovations during Diwali or spring, which is a peak time for renovations. If you’re looking to save money, it is best to do your renovation project in the off-season.
When hiring a contractor, you may pay for subcontractors or material supplies such as bricks, cement, concrete and TMT bars directly. Most contractors offer to purchase the supplies you need for the project and include their cost estimates in the contract. The contractor usually already has a supplier they like, so prices can be high due to convenience. However, if you are willing to buy supplies yourself, you may be able to get a better deal. However, check the quantities in advance so that you don’t run out of construction materials in the middle of the project.
Note: While it’s important to negotiate with your contractor, it is equally important to ensure that your contractor is using high quality construction materials such as cement, bricks and TMT bars. As TMT bars provide better reinforcement to the concrete structure and resist earthquakes, it’s important to buy high-quality TMT bars. TMT bars provide strength and durability to the structure and they also help to resist earthquakes.
If you are living in Odisha and looking for high-quality TMT bars, consider SEL Tiger TMT bars. We provide ISO, BIS certified and NABL approved TMT bars. We use high-grade raw materials and advanced manufacturing technique THERMEX to manufacture SEL Tiger TMT bars. In addition, TMT bars are corrosion-resistant and fire-resistant, making them an ideal choice for both indoor and outdoor use. Check the TMT rod price in Odisha here. You can also get in touch with us for more information.
Home renovation makes your house more comfortable and functional. Renovation is an excellent opportunity to customise your home as per your preferences and needs. However, renovation needs proper planning so that your dream can be smoothly transformed into a reality. If you are renovating your home in Odisha, here are some tips you may find useful:
Building your dream house is not just a financial investment but also an emotional one. It goes without saying that you must ensure that you choose construction materials such as TMT bars and cement carefully. If you are planning to buy the best TMT bar in Odisha, here are 5 things you must check:
Understanding different grades of TMT bars is the first thing you should do when you buy a TMT bar in Odisha. You will find Fe-415, Fe-500, Fe-550, and Fe-600 TMT bars. The numbers indicate the level of stress that must be applied to deform it. The Fe- 550D TMT bars are the most preferred grade for commercial, residential and many other projects. They are ideal for earthquake-prone regions as they can bear seismic and dynamic loading.
A TMT bar’s strength can be determined by how it is manufactured. SEL TMT bars are manufactured using 100% pure steel through the latest technology Thermex (a German-based quenching system). This makes our TMT bars tougher on the outside and soft on the inside, ensuring that they are highly durable and malleable at the same time.
Certification is one of the most important factors to take into consideration while buying the TMT bars. It is recommended to choose TMT brands that are certified for quality and safety by leading monitoring agencies. Though certified TMT bars are priced on the higher side, they ensure the safety of the construction project. Our TMT bars are:
TMT bars should have flexibility and bendability to withstand stress. These properties ensure that the TMT bars do not develop cracks while bending but regain their form and shape. Cracks could increase the problems of structural integrity. Check whether the TMT bars have good flexibility or not, before buying them. The balanced proportion of carbon and manganese give our TMT better bendability to resist earthquakes. Fe-550D TMT bars have an elongation of 14.5% which helps them resist earthquakes.
Ordinary TMT bars corrode due to the constant exposure to moist air and heavy rainfall. When such bars are not able to withstand the load and pressure for long, they compromise the structural integrity of the building. At the time of buying TMT bars, make sure that they are corrosion resistant.
Looking for the best TMT bar in Odisha?
If you are looking for TMT bar in Odisha, explore SEL Tiger TMT bars. Manufactured using the advanced quenching process, our TMT bars are fire and corrosion-resistant. They possess excellent bendability which makes them ideal for earthquake-prone areas. SEL tiger TMT Rebar gives you maximum rib area (AR) value through its unique rib design which provides one of the highest bond strengths with cement. SEL Tiger TMT Rebar is certified by India’s best reputed Labs. Give your home the strength of a Tiger with SEL Tiger TMT Re-Bars.
To know the TMT bar price in Odisha, get in touch with us.