Looking for TMT bars in Siliguri? Here are some factors you should look for
For years, TMT bars are seen as a symbol of endurance and strength. And, when you are constructing your dream home, you would want to ensure that you are using high-quality TMT bars. However, the market is flooded with TMT bars. So, how do you choose the right product for your home?
As one of the leading TMT bar manufacturers, we share with you a few important factors that you should consider when buying the right TMT bars in Siliguri:
- High-quality pure steel: The quality of raw materials influences the overall quality of the finished TMT bars. Use of scraps or substandard raw materials will result in poor-quality TMT bars which will affect the strength of the structure. You must buy TMT bars from manufacturers that adhere to the strictest quality standards.
As one of the leading TMT bar manufacturers, we ensure that SEL Tiger TMT bars are made of 100% pure steel.
- Manufacturing process: What separates good-quality TMT bars from ordinary ones is the manufacturing process. The cold twisting process is almost obsolete. To manufacture the high-quality TMT bars, we use Thermex technology, a German-based quenching system. The quenching, self-tampering and atmospheric cooling harden the surface of the bar and increase its tensile strength. Our TMT bars have a unique rib design that ensures a stronger, long-lasting bond with RCC.
- Grade: Before you buy TMT bars in Siliguri, you must determine their grade of steel bars. To construct buildings in high seismic zones, a high grade of TMT bars is recommended. FE 550D is a superior grade of TMT bars which is recommended for earthquake-prone zones.
Our SEL Tiger TMT bars have 16% elongation. Normal TMT bars have 12%. This flexibility and bendability property make our TMT bars ideal for earthquake-prone areas.
- Design: It is interesting to note that the design of TMT bars have an effect on their performance. TMT bars with ribbed design are better quality than other products in the market. This unique technology adds strength and weather resistance to the TMT bars.
Our SEL Tiger TMT bars have a unique rib design that gives maximum Rib Area (AR) value. This ensures a strong and long-lasting reinforcement with concrete.
- Anti-corrosive property: Rain, groundwater salinity or acidic substances weaken the structure of the house over the years. However, good-quality TMT bars have anti-corrosive properties and can withstand the effects of these structure-weakening elements.
- Certification: It is important to buy TMT bars that come with certification. When reputed monitoring agencies such as BIS and ISO certify TMT bars, it gives you a sense of trust that the product you are buying meets certain quality standards. Our bars are:
- BIS certified
- ISO Certified
- NABL approved
Buy high-quality TMT bars in Siliguri
For high-quality TMT bars in Siliguri, explore SEL Tiger TMT bars. We offer TMT bars in different sizes – ranging from 5.5 mm to 32 mm. To check TMT rod price in Siliguri, click here.
Things you should know about when buying a plot in Durgapur: Useful insights by one of the leading TMT bar manufacturers in Durgapur
When it comes to buying property, land is one of the best investments in Durgapur. Buying a plot gives you an excellent opportunity to build a house that is custom-made as per your preferences, lifestyle and needs. However, buying a plot requires due diligence. If you are looking to buy a plot in Durgapur, here are a few things you need to know:
- Make sure that the seller is genuine: Before buying a plot in Durgapur, you must check and verify the identity of the seller. Nationality and residence certificate of the seller are some important things to check. If the land is held jointly, the identity of all sellers must be checked.
- Check the location of the plot: When you are buying a plot make sure that the location meets your needs. It may be tempting to buy a plot far-off from the city but make sure that it has the basic amenities that you need.
- Make approvals and licenses are in place: The most important thing is to ensure that the necessary approvals and license are in place. Some of the common documents that you will need include:
- Title deed: To make sure that the ownership of a property is not in dispute or is free from any form of liens, you must check the title deed of the land. Issued by the local governing authority of a state, the title clearance deed is proof that there’s no debt or encroachment associated with the land.
- NA order: In India, all kinds of land are classified as agricultural land. To use the land for non-agricultural purposes, you need an NA (non-agricultural) permission from the collector.
- Encumbrance certificate: This certificate shows that the land is free from all legal dues. The document is important to establish that there is no litigation on the property.
- Release certificate: If the land was taken on loan, you must get a release certificate from the lending bank confirming that all the dues have been cleared.
- Receipts of property tax: Make sure there are no pending tax dues on the property.
- Conversion and land use approvals: You must ensure that the land is in accordance with the zoning plans of the city.
- Construction approvals: You ensure that all approvals have been taken for construction before going ahead with the purchase.
- Physical verification: You must physically verify the land before investing in it. You must check the documents physically and get them verified by your lawyer and the authorities concerned.
If you are planning to build your dream house in Durgapur, make sure that the construction materials that you choose are of high quality. TMT Bars are one of the most important construction materials as they give strength and durability to a structure. FE 550D TMT bars are known for high strength and ductility.
Looking for TMT bar manufacturers in Durgapur?
If you are looking for TMT bar manufacturers in Durgapur, explore SEL Tiger TMT bars. We have factories in Sambalpur, Jamuria. Mangalpur, Pakuria and Girdih. Our Jamuria and Mangalpur plants cater to customers belonging to West Bengal. Our TMT bars are manufactured using the advanced quenching process which makes them fire and corrosion-resistant. As they possess excellent bendability, they can be used in earthquake-prone areas. Our TMT bars are BIS certified, ISO-certified and NABL-approved.
Before you start building your new home, here’s a list of preparation tips by a TMT bar manufacturer
If you are planning to build your dream home, you must know that the process of building a new home starts long before the foundation is laid. There’s a lot that goes into planning the construction of your house. From planning your budget to choosing the right construction material, there are important decisions to be made at every step. As a TMT bar manufacturer, we share with you a list of preparation tips:
- Plan your budget
Even before you buy the land, it’s important to consider the budget. Get a realistic idea of how much you can afford to spend and how much it will cost to build a new home. An ideal budget strikes a balance between what you want and what you can afford. You may also want to look at construction loan and mortgage options.
- Choose the appropriate plot
If you are yet to buy land for your new home, you must talk with several realtors to get a rough idea of land costs in the areas you are considering. When you are choosing land for your property, keep in mind factors such as soil condition, drainage, zoning, and building codes.
- Pick a house plan
You can either go for stock house plans from a printed catalogue or something you found on the internet. Finding the right house plan can take some time. An architect can help you choose the best stock plan for your needs. Some slight modifications may be required to stock home plans. A custom-designed home, on the other hand, is created specifically for you. For a custom-designed home, you will need the services of a licensed architect.
Note: Whether you opt for a stock or a custom design, it’s wise to choose a plan that will meet your needs for many years to come.
- Hire a contractor
Once the final house plan is approved by the local authorities, you will need a contractor to execute the project.Before signing a contract with a contractor, it is important to do due diligence. There are many types of contractors —- check which one do you need. Before working with a contractor, make sure to visit completed projects.
Here’s a useful read on different types of contractors that will help you choose the right one.
- Choose top quality construction materials
It is expected that a good contractor will use top quality construction materials. However, as a homeowner, it is important for you to gain a better understanding of materials that are being used in the construction. Cement, TMT Bar, sand, coarse aggregate and bricks are some of the common materials used in the construction. TMT Bars are the main component that along with cement provide strength to a building and therefore you must ensure top quality TMT brand in India. Choose a TMT bar manufacturer that offers products which are of top quality.
If you are looking for top quality TMT bar, explore SEL Tiger TMT bars. Made of 100% pure steel, our TMT bars are manufactured using the advanced quenching process. Our TMT bars are
- Fire resistant: Our TMT bars can withstand high temperatures up to 600°C to 650°C.
- Corrosion-resistant: Our TMT bars can withstand exposure to moisture. They can even withstand rain, groundwater salinity or acidic substances.
- Earthquake resistant: Our TMT bars have excellent bendability which makes them ideal for earthquake-prone areas.
- Certified: Certification is an assurance that a TMT bar meets certain standards of quality and safety. Our SEL Tiger TMT bars are BIS certified, ISO certified and NABL approved.
To know the TMT bar price, get in touch with us.
Looking for the best TMT bar company in India? Here are some attributes to check
TMT bars are an important component in home construction. They are used in various applications, including masonry walls, reinforcement of concrete structures and steel frame buildings. When it comes to choosing the best TMT bar company in India, it can be a tad difficult. Here we have listed some of the attributes that you need to look out for when choosing the right TMT bars manufacturers in India:
- Manufacturing technology:
What separates a good manufacturer from an ordinary one is how they manufacture TMT bars. Best TMT bars manufacturers in India use the latest technology to ensure better grip in concrete, good elongation and fire and corrosion resistance. Our SEL TMT bars are manufactured with 100% pure steel using THERMEX technology. The unique rib design of our TMT bars ensures a strong and durable bond with cement.
- TMT bar grades that the company offer
Different TMT bar manufacturers in India offer products of different grades. The grade of the TMT bar determines the bar’s strength and elongation. At the time of selecting a manufacturer, make sure they offer the grade that you need. Fe550D TMT bars are among the most preferred grades across different industries. They are fire and corrosion resistant which makes them ideal for residential, commercial and multi-storey projects. They are also preferred for construction in earthquake-prone areas.
- Check the company’s market reputation
There are no two ways that the reputation of the company matters a lot. To check a company’s market reputation, first, ensure that they offer only certified products. Also look for important information on the manufactuers’ website such as manufacturing capability, customer testimonials and projects in which their products have been used. For instance, our SEL Tiger TMT bars are BIS certified, ISO certified and NABL approved. We have manufacturing units spread across West Bengal and Odisha. We have one plant each in Pakuria, Jamuria, Mangalpur (West Bengal) and Sambalpur (Odisha). Our TMT bars have been used in some of the leading housing projects.
- Make sure they offer rust and fire-resistant TMT bars
When selecting TMT bars manufacturers in India, quality and safety should be your top priority. Select manufacturers that offer products that can withstand exposure to fire and moisture. Made with superior technology, our SEL Tiger TMT Bars can withstand the impacts of harsh external weather such as rain, groundwater salinity or acidic substances. Our TMT bars are fire-resistant, they can withstand high temperatures up to 600°C to 650°C.
- Look for manufacturers that offer earthquake-resistant TMT bars
If you live in an area with a high seismic zone, it’s a good idea to go for a manufacturer that offers TMT bars with earthquake-resistant properties. In earthquake-prone areas, the government has made it compulsory to use TMT bars with earthquake-resistant properties. Our SEL Tiger TMT bars have high bendability, allowing it to withstand the effects of earthquakes.
For more details about our TMT bars, get in touch with us
Factors to consider before committing to building a new home: insights by a manufacturer of top-quality
Building your dream home from scratch can be an exciting experience. A custom home is a true reflection of your personality and taste. However, home construction is a major undertaking which demands your time, effort, and, of course, money. The more you approach it in a planned manner, the fewer unpleasant surprises there will be. Before you commit.
Let’s have a look at some great tips about things you should consider before you commit to building your home.
- Work on a budget and get your finances sorted: This is the first thing you’ll need to do before you can even start looking at plots of your house. in your budget. If you need a loan, consult bank representatives who will go over what you have and what you will need. They will be able to give you a good estimate of what your budget should be.
- Check the neighborhood: Before buying a land, touring the area will give you an idea about how the neighborhood is. While touring the area, take note of things such as the nearest bus stop, schools, hospitals and banks. It’s a good idea to get yourself familiar with the area.
- Create a list of things you need: Before you start building your own home, make a list of things you want in the house. Preparing a list of all your wants and needs will help you give a better brief to the contractor that you will hire. Also, keep in mind that you may have to forego a few things and priorities what are must-haves and what you can do without. For instance, the choice between a backyard with a swimming pool or a parking space for an extra car is for you to figure out.
- Future plans: Most people when they build homes they think of passing it on to the next generation. At the time of building a new home, you must ask yourself how long do you plan to stay there and will the home be able to accommodate the needs of the future.
- The condition of the land: Buying undeveloped land can be cost effective but you should research what will be needed to make it livable. If your land has any major issues, you might have to spend extra money on getting them fixed.
- Hiring the right contractors: Once you’ve committed yourself to the land you like, it’s time to start building. Choosing a trustworthy and dependable builder is important if you want your home to be well-built. Ask family, friends or colleagues for an honest review on contractors they have worked with or know. Before you seek out quotes, get the blueprint of the house ready by an experienced architect.
- Do not compromise on quality of construction materials: Concrete, cement, TMT bars and wood are some of the most important construction materials. Make sure you choose top brands. As TMT bars carry the load of your entire house, pay extra attention to the brand that the contractor uses. Ordinary TMT bars rust due to the constant exposure to moist air or heavy rainfall. This can compromise the quality of construction. Top brand TMT bars are corrosion resistant. Fe 550D TMT bars are the most popular choice for residential, commercial and infrastructural projects.
Our SEL Tiger TMT bars are among the top quality TMT bars. Made of 100% pure steel using the German-based quenching system – THERMEX, our SEL Tiger TMT bars
- Have a unique rib design that allows for a long-lasting Tiger Bond with concrete.
- Can be easily welded into desired shapes.
- Are Corrosion-resistant
- Are Earthquake resistant
Get in touch with us to know more about our TMT bars
How to find a TMT bar company in Odisha?
For many people, building a home is a once-in-a lifetime thing. From identifying the right contractor and architects to choosing the right construction materials, there are many crucial decisions to make at every step. TMT Bar is one of the most construction materials that affect the overall structural stability of a house. Therefore, it is important to buy TMT bars from a reputed TMT bar company. With so many TMT brands in the market, it can be overwhelming to choose one. Fret not! If you looking to to find a TMT bar company, here are some insights that you might find helpful:
- Grade of TMT bars: TMT Bars come in different grades. The grade of the TMT Bar determines the strength and elongation. When you are zeroing in on a TMT bar company, make sure you go for one that offers high-quality
TMT Bars. Our SEL Tiger TMT BAR are widely used in the construction industry and are known for being:
- Solid Grip on RCC: Made in automated factories, our SEL Tiger TMT Bars have accurate and perfect ribs. Forged in integrated steel plants, each bar passes through stringent quality checks. Its advanced rib design gives maximum Rib Area (AR) value, ensuring a strong, long-lasting Tiger Bond with cement (concrete). This keeps the structure
strong, safe and secure.
- Resistance to Fire & Corrosion: Our SEL Tiger TMT Bars are resistant to harsh weather conditions such as storms and cyclones. They are also tested fire resistant up to the temperature range of 600°C to 650°C.
- Resistant to Earthquake: Our SEL Tiger TMT bars are highly bendable and offer higher elongation. These properties help our TMT bars to resist the effects of earthquakes.
- Cost effective: In comparison to steel bars, our SEL Tiger TMT bars are more cost effective. With the use of Fe415 vs Fe 550 , 3 to 4% can be saved in your TMT Bar purchases.
- Certification: As house construction is an investment of lifetime, it is important to ensure that the TMT bars you are buying are of high quality. The best way to ensure that is to look for certification. A good TMT bar company would have all its certifications on their website. Our SEL Tiger TMT BARs are:
- BIS certified
- ISO certified
Note: The quality of our TMT bars are checked in NABL approved labs. They also have Thermex license and are certified for MS and CRS Grades through IS 2830:2012 compliance.
- Manufacturing capabilities: A reputed TMT bar company uses the most innovative technologies in its factories to offer the best in class product. Our SEL Tiger TMT BARs are manufactured using the German-based
quenching system – THERMEX.Looking for a TMT bar company in Odisha?
We have two integrated powerful steel plants operating in Sambalpur in Odisha and Jamuria in West Bengal. Our Sambalpur plant caters to customers belonging to Odisha while our Jamuria and Mangalpur plant caters for the customers belonging to West Bengal. Our Sambalpur plant. All our factories use the latest technology to manufacture TMT bars. To know the TMT bar price in Odisha and other states, check out our rate chart.
- Reputation: You should buy TMT Bars from reputed brands. SEL Tiger TMT bars are used in some of the upmarket housing projects in Odisha and other states.
TMT bars and natural disasters: check these insights
To build a home that is durable and long lasting, the materials used for construction have to be of the highest quality. TMT bars are a primary material used for all construction purposes. It is important to use the high quality TMT in
construction. TMT bars hold the structure together and thus, buy TMT bars that can withstand the impact of natural disasters. If you are building a new home, here are some useful on TMT bars and natural disasters:
- Fire: Fires may be natural or man-made, depending on what originally caused the disaster. In case of fire, the damage to the building can be severe. Therefore, when choosing TMT bars, fire safety should be among the top priorities. The fire-resistant properties of TMT bars has made them a sought-after construction material. Our SEL TMT Bars are resistant upto 600°C to 650°C.
- Rain: Poor quality TMT bars rust or corrode if they are exposed to oxygen and moisture. The corroded bars do not show much adhesiveness to the concrete and compromise the structural integrity of the building. With the combination of a proper quenching system and steel, our SEL Tiger TMT Bars can withstand impacts of harsh external weathers such as rain, groundwater salinity or acidic substances. Ordinary TMT bars do not have
these properties to withstand such conditions.
- Storms and cyclones: Many cities in India are now frequently experiencing storms and cyclones. Strong winds can damage the buildings. Good quality TMT bars provide the building with structural stability, allowing it to withstand storms and cyclones. Produced and curated through automated machines, our SEL Tiger TMT bars are known for their solid grip on RCC. Ordinary bars with a smooth body lose their grip cyclones or earthquakes. This isn’t the case with Our SEL Tiger TMT bars that have ribbed patterns.
- Earthquake: TMT bars are known for offering strength and structural stability to buildings. Good-quality TMT bars are known for earthquake-resistant properties. Government regulations have made it compulsory to use TMT bars for important construction projects in earthquake-prone areas. Our SEL Tiger TMT bars are flexible and have high bendability. This helps the building to deal with the sideway movement and withstand the effects of earthquakes.
Looking for the leading TMT bar manufacturer?
We are among the best TMT brands in India. Our SEL Tiger TMT bars are known for strength, durability and versatility. We sell the best quality TMT bars in over 16 states in India. Our SEL Tiger TMT bars are manufactured using the German-based quenching system – THERMEX. Our products are certified for MS and CRS Grades through IS 2830:2012 compliance. Our TMT bars also comply with IS 1786:2008 for CRS, FE415, and Fe550D Grade.