The impact of TMT bars on the fire-resistance of the construction
Fire safety is a critical factor to consider when constructing a building. Fire resistance refers to a building’s ability to withstand the effects of a fire and limit its spread while also keeping the occupants safe. Using fire-resistant construction materials such as Thermo-Mechanically Treated (TMT) bars can significantly increase the safety of a building in case of a fire. By prioritising fire safety during construction, buildings that offer better protection to the occupants and reduce the risk of property damage can be constructed.
Important features of TMT bars and how they impact fire-resistance of a building
TMT bars are high strength and durable bars that form the structural core of any building. The soft inner core and rigid exterior of TMT bars give them excellent flexibility and weldability, which is particularly beneficial in areas prone to seismic activity. Moreover, TMT bars also possess high tensile strength and ductility, which makes them an ideal material for construction purposes. As per the Bureau of Indian Standards, TMT bars are available in different grades which indicate the minimum yield strength of the bars.
At SEL Tiger TMT bars, we offer the following grades:
- Fe500 D
- Fe500 S
- Fe550 D
The manufacturing process of TMT bars contribute to their excellent fire resistant properties. At SEL Tiger, we use the unique Thermex mechanism which is a distinctive German technology solely used for the production of the best quality TMT bars. The Thermex process involves a unique combination of rolling, water quenching, tempering, cooling, and cutting, resulting in TMT bars that are of the highest quality. The water cooling process in Thermex technology leads to the formation of a martensite layer on the external surface of the TMT bar, which offers excellent fire resistance. This layer transforms into a protective oxidised layer in case of a fire, providing further protection to the TMT bars.
In comparison, traditional steel bars do not offer fire protection and can lose their integrity when exposed to high temperatures. Unlike TMT bars, mild steel bars do not have a protective coating, which reduces their ductility when exposed to fire or high heat.
TMT bars also have several different benefits which make them a preferred pick among builders:
- TMT bars are resistant to corrosion.
- They can withstand high external load without deforming or getting damaged easily. This makes them ideal for construction projects in areas with possibility of earthquakes, frequent cyclones and floods.
- They are highly weldable.
- TMT bars are easily available and convenient for construction projects that require quick supply of materials.
- They also have a longer lifespan owing to their durability and strength.
Looking for the best TMT bar in India?
If you are looking for the best TMT brand in India, explore SEL Tiger TMT bars. Our TMT bar range, which spans from 5.5mm to 32mm, features a MAX AR VALUE that enhances the bond with cement, resulting in stronger construction. Our TMT bars also offer excellent weldability, smoother surface conditions, and reduced thermal conductivity, ensuring defect-free work. These properties make them a preferred choice for construction projects, including residential, commercial, and industrial buildings.
How to measure the strength of TMT bars?
The materials used in construction projects play a significant role in determining the success and durability of the finished project. TMT bars, in particular, are known for their high tensile strength, ductility, and corrosion resistance, which makes them a popular choice among architects, construction engineers, and builders. However, before selecting TMT bars it is necessary to ensure that the bars are strong and suitable for your project. As one of the best TMT brands in India, we share with you some of the useful insights on measuring the strength of TMT bars:
Methods to Measure TMT Bar Strength:
The tensile strength test is one of the most common methods to measure the strength of TMT bars. The test involves preparing a sample of the TMT bar as per standards and placing it in a Universal Testing Machine (UTM) where a concentrated force is applied until the bar fractures. The maximum force applied and the actual cross-sectional area of the TMT bar are used to calculate the ultimate tensile strength (UTS). Yield strength is detected by selecting a point on the stress-strain curve where the TMT bar no longer remains elastic and becomes plastic. Both ultimate tensile strength and yield strength are crucial measurements for assessing the strength and flexibility of TMT bars.
The tensile strength of S-E-L Tiger TMT bars is measured using a universal testing machine (UTM)- it is designed to apply a controlled amount of force to a sample of the material to determine its mechanical properties, such as tensile strength, 0.2% proof stress, percentage of elongation, and total elongation. The UTM is equipped with a load cell, which measures the force applied to the sample, and a crosshead, which moves up and down to apply the force. The results obtained from the UTM can help to determine the suitability of the material for a specific application, and ensure that it meets the required standards and specifications.
Sampling & test piece preparation :
i) A sample (600 mm Approx. ) is collected from the cooling bed / lot. Sample surface should be defect free
ii) For deformed steel bar (IS 1786)/ steel round bar(IS 2062), sample is cut 0.5mtr (min)
iii) For other national or international standards, the sample is prepared as per the specification.
YS/0.2% proof stress, UTS, and elongation can be determined by following these steps:
- The sample’s mass per metre can be determined by weighing the sample and measuring its length, and then dividing the mass by the length to obtain Mass/mtr in Kg/Mtr. Section weight (SW) can be obtained by measuring the sample’s length (L) and weight (W), and then dividing the SW by 0.00785 to obtain the cross-sectional area (Ae)
- The specimen should be subjected to a hard punch according to the cross-sectional area (5.65√So or 5D) to determine its IGL
- Depending on the sample thickness, the upper and lower head jaw should be fixed, with 0 to 22mm Grip for 8 to 20mm, 10 to 30mm Grip for 25mm, and 30 to 50mm Grip for 32 & 36mm
- The software should be opened and the type of sample to be tested should be selected.
- The required data, such as Diameter, Length, weight, IGL, etc., should be entered.
- For analogue testing, the load range should be selected by the “Load regulator” according to the area of the test piece (trained operators only can operate the Universal testing machine).
- The upper end of the test piece should be fully gripped in the jaw rack of the upper crosshead, and the lower end of the specimen should be fully gripped between the lower jaw rack of the lower crosshead by moving the lover crosshead up (By up/Down button).
- The UTM should be started by pressing the Start button.
- The left control valve (Hydraulic Control valve) should be closed.
- For analogue testing, the load pointer should be adjusted to zero by adjusting the aluminium rack knob. For electronic testing, the load should be tared, and then the test should be started.
- The control valve on the right side of the panel should be turned slowly to the open position until the desired loading rate is achieved.
- The lower crosshead should be locked.
- The yield point should be noted by reading the load of the load pointer where it is stopped slightly. For electronic testing, it will be automatically calculated after feeding Final gauge length.
- The ultimate load should be read from the dial gauge.
- Loading should be continued until the test piece fractures.
- The right control valve should be closed, and the left control valve should be opened. The broken pieces should be removed.
- The broken pieces should be re-joined, and the extended distance between two punch points (FGL) should be measured.
The flexibility and bending strength of TMT bars are examined in a bending test, where the bar is subjected to a specified bending radius or diameter until it cracks or fractures. The TMT bar is bent in a device and visually inspected for fractures and cracks. The bending strength is calculated by dividing the maximum stress exerted on the bar during the bending test by the distance between the neutral axis and the outer surface of the bent bar. Higher bending strength indicates better ductility and elasticity of the TMT bar.
For S-E-L Tiger TMT bars, the bending test is conducted as per IS 1599 and using appropriately sized mandrels as specified in IS 1786.
Sampling & test piece preparation :
- The sample preparation involves rounding the edges of the tensile surface of the test piece and flattening the bend zone.
- The processing can be done by machining or grinding (except for HSDS Bar), with appropriate precautions taken to avoid superficial hardness increase.
- The testing can be conducted in a press or by bending over rollers. The capacity of the equipment must be appropriate to complete the bending.
- The specimen is cut as per the required length. (The length of the bend specimen depends upon the sample diameter and bending apparatus/engagement.)
- The appropriate mandrel is set in the UTM arrangement (The free length between two rollers should be Mandrel Length + 3 x Material Dia)
- The specimen, mandrel, and the roller fixtures are adjusted as required such that the load should be drawn in the middle portion of the specimen.
- Load is applied through the mandrel until its edges become parallel.
- The specimen is drawn out and checked for any crack or rupture on the bent portion.
- If no rupture or cracks are visible to a person of normal or corrected vision on the bent portion, the specimen shall be considered to have passed the test.
The rebend test is carried out to verify that the TMT bar has enough ductility to withstand bending and rebending without cracking or breaking. The re-bend test is important to ensure that the TMT bars meet the required standards and specifications for use in construction.
For S-E-L Tiger TMT bars, the bending test is conducted as per the guideline and appropriately sized mandrels as specified in IS 1786.
- The specimen is cut to the required length.
- The appropriate mandrel is set in the UTM arrangement.
- The specimen, mandrel, and roller fixtures are adjusted as required such that load should be drawn in the middle portion of the specimen.
- The test piece is bent to an included angle of 135o.
- The bent piece is kept in boiling water for 30 min.
- The test piece is taken out and allowed to cool.
- After cooling, it is bent back at an angle of 157.5o by reverse pressure.
The specimen shall be considered to have passed the test if no rupture or cracks are visible to a person of normal or corrected vision on the rebent portion.
Looking for the best TMT brand in India for your construction project?
Explore S-E-L Tiger TMT bars. The size range of the S-E-L Tiger TMT Rebar is from 5.5 mm to 32 mm. We operate two state-of-the-art integrated steel plants to fulfil the modern construction demands with the best quality TMT bars. Our TMT bars are widely known for their strength, durability, and versatility across India. The perfect blend of carbon and manganese endows the bars with endurance, making them resistant to fire, corrosion, and earthquakes.
Looking for the best tmt brand in India? Check this read on hiring a cost-conscious builder
When it comes to building your dream home, you want to find a builder who understands the value of cost-consciousness. You want someone who can work with you to find cost-effective solutions without compromising on quality. A cost-conscious builder can help you stay within your budget by providing a detailed breakdown of the costs involved in the construction process. They can also help you make informed decisions about the materials and design choices where you can save money without compromising the structural integrity of the home. Here we discuss some useful tips to find a cost conscious builder who can help you achieve your goals within your budget:
- Comparing quotes: Check the market rates before you choose your builder. An ideal way to do that is by getting quotes from multiple builders. You can get a good deal when you get quotes from other builders. Comparing different prices and services will ensure that you are getting the best value for your money.
- Check experience: When looking for a cost-conscious builder, experience is an important deciding factor. Usually an experienced builder can easily identify different cost saving opportunities without compromising on the structural integrity of your house. Research a builder’s experience and quality of construction materials the builder uses in projects. Before selecting a builder, schedule a face-to face consultation to discuss their previous experiences and the cost-saving measures they have adopted. You can ask about the builder’s approach to customer satisfaction and timely delivery. You want to work with a builder who is responsive to your needs and is committed to delivering your project on time and within budget.
- Ask for references: One effective way to assess a builder’s credibility and work experience is to contact the previous customers. When you contact a builder’s former clients, ask about their overall experience, including the quality of work, service, communication, timeliness and adherence to budget. Also, ask whether there were any unexpected issues that arose during the project or not. If there were issues, how did the builder handle it?
- Check for certifications and licenses: Certifications are a proof of expertise and standard of quality offered by the builders. Search for builders who have proper certifications and valid licenses to conduct business. A certificate from a relevant authority ensures that the builder has demonstrated substantial knowledge and experience in the industry. Also, check whether the builders are members of any professional associations or not.
- Clarify payment terms: Before zeroing in on a builder, check whether you understand the initial estimates and payment terms. Before signing any contract, understand the initial estimates and payment terms. Also, seek clarification on any ambiguous or complex clauses – it will ensure that both the parties are on the same page. This will help you avoid any misunderstandings or arguments down the way.
- Get the details in writing: You need to have every detail of the project in writing. The details are inclusive of factors such as the scope of work, timeline and budget. These terms have to be clearly outlined in writing.
You might like to read: TMT bar in India for home construction: Check these useful insights
Searching for the best TMT brand in India?
Check SEL Tiger TMT Bars. Manufactured using the latest quenching technology, SEL Tiger TMT bars are tougher on the outside and soft on the inside. We provide ISO, BIS certified and NABL approved TMT bars. Our TMT bars are fire resistant – they can withstand high temperatures up to 600°C to 650°C. Our TMT bars have high tensile strength, which makes them ideal for use in earthquake-prone areas.
For more information on TMT bar strength and TMT bar price, contact us.
How construction companies can boost their business: Useful insights by SEL Tiger TMT, one of the best TMT bar companies in India
In recent years, with increased urbanisation and industrialisation, construction companies have faced a surge in demand for infrastructure, residential and commercial projects. However, with increase in demand, there has been an increase in competition. As a result, it has become important for construction companies to adopt effective strategies to boost their business performance, tap into new markets, and remain competitive in the industry. From streamlined operations and improved project management to effective marketing techniques, there are a myriad of strategies that construction companies can use to successfully navigate the landscape. Here we discuss some useful strategies that a construction company should consider to boost their business:
- Adding new services and competitive pricing: Integrating new and trendy services such as renewable energy installations, smart home technology installations or sustainable construction practices, can significantly boost the business of a construction company. It can help the company stand out from their competitors, boost its reputation, and appeal to a wider customer base. Also, competitive pricing can help customers make better purchasing decisions. When deciding on the pricing, study the competitors’ pricing patterns and adjust accordingly. For some projects, it can be a good idea to offer discounts and promotions which can also attract more customers.
- Leverage the power of technology: Investing in the latest technological advancements can help construction companies stay ahead of the competition and meet the demands of the modern construction industry. The companies should actively adopt new technologies such as Building Information Modeling (BIM) software, drones for surveying and mapping, and project management software which can help streamline construction processes, reduce errors, and increase efficiency.
- Maintain quality and safety: Placing a strong emphasis on quality and safety can help the construction company build a strong reputation in the market. When it comes to quality and safety, it is important that construction companies buy high-quality construction materials such as TMT bars, cement and concrete.
Reputed construction companies prefer using SEL Tiger TMT bars as they are certified for MS and CRS Grades through IS 2830:2012 compliance. They also comply with IS 1786:2008 for CRS, FE415, and Fe550D Grade. As one of the top TMT brands, SEL Tiger TMT bars boast of consistent quality that make them an ideal choice for all construction projects.
Companies should implement stringent quality control procedures to ensure that each and every aspect of the project – right from the planning to construction, meets the requisite industry standards and regulations.
Strict quality control processes also ensure that the final outcome meets the client’s requirements and reduces the risk of rework and costly errors.
Companies should also invest in employee training to keep their staff up-to-date with the advanced construction techniques, safety practices and quality standards.
- Collaboration: To achieve business growth, it is important for a construction company to expand its networks and offer extensive services to clients. This can be achieved by collaborating with different businesses such as architects, interior designers and suppliers. Great collaborations can boost the reputation of the company and increase its visibility in the industry. Construction companies can also partner with different builders and contractors to boost their business. Most construction companies gain a wider clientele and generate higher sales when they start building relationships with industry professionals and reputed manufacturers.
- Online presence: Construction companies should work on developing and maintaining an online presence on social media platforms and review sites. This helps them reach a wider client base and build a strong connection with them. When it comes to social media, companies can showcase their past projects, share client testimonials and provide substantial content to attract potential clients.
You might like to read: Construction Trends To Watch Out in 2023
Are you planning to buy the best TMT in India for your next project?
Check SEL Tiger TMT Bars. Made using the latest and advanced technology, our TMT bars are strong, bendable, fire and corrosion resistant. The unique rib design of our TMT bars gives maximum Rib Area (AR) value, ensuring a strong, long-lasting bond with cement (concrete). To know more about our TMT bars, get in touch with us.
Check this read on commonly used corrosion-resistant construction materials
When metal is exposed to moisture, air, saltwater and other environmental factors, it causes them to degrade and weaken over time – and this process is known as corrosion. Construction companies prefer corrosion resistant construction materials because corrosion can impact the structural integrity of a structure and can lead to complete failure. When construction materials are exposed to harsh environmental conditions, they can corrode, leading to structural damage and safety hazards. This is particularly concerning for infrastructural projects such as buildings, dams, bridges and other construction that need to withstand harsh environmental conditions. Over here we discuss some of the common corrosion resistant construction materials :
- Stainless Steel: Due to its high chromium content, stainless steel forms a protective oxide layer that resists corrosion. Stainless steel is highly durable and strong. It is widely used in structural constructions such as columns, beams and braces. Stainless steel sheets are also used in cladding and roofing to enhance the aesthetic appeal of the construction. Their durability and resistance to adverse climatic conditions also make them a popular choice for building bridges, handrails and facades.
- Aluminium: Construction companies use aluminium due to its lightweight and its corrosion resistant properties. resistance to corrosion. Aluminium forms an oxide layer on its surface when exposed to air, which protects it from natural corroding substances such as moisture, salt and acidic substances. It is popularly used for roofing, gutters, and siding. Aluminium is also used in beams, columns, and trusses due to its light weight and strength. In addition to roofing and cladding, aluminium is widely used to manufacture doors and windows. Since aluminium is easy to work with, it is used to build curtain walls, which are non-load bearing walls that let in natural light while also maintaining optimum insulation throughout the year.
- Galvanised Steel: Galvanised steel is coated with a layer of zinc, which makes it an excellent corrosion-resistant material. It is widely used in different outdoor applications, such as fencing, roofing, handrails, balustrades and lighting poles. Galvanisation is the process of coating galvanised steel with a layer of zinc. The zinc coating acts as a sacrificial anode and corrodes first when exposed to moisture and harmful chemicals, protecting the underlying steel from corrosion. The process of galvanisation makes galvanised steel a popular choice for construction and industrial applications.
- Concrete with corrosion-resistant additives: Concrete is not inherently corrosion-resistant. However, when special additives are used in the correct proportions and under the right conditions, they can significantly improve the corrosion resistance of concrete. A few of these additives are:
- Corrosion inhibitors: Corrosion inhibitors are added to concrete mix or applied to the surface after concrete has been poured. They reduce the rate of corrosion by inhibiting the chemical reactions causing it.
- Waterproofing agents: It reduces the amount of water that penetrates the concrete, helping to prevent corrosion caused by moisture.
- Silica fume: A fine powder that is added to improve the strength and durability of concrete.
- Fly ash: A byproduct of coal-fired power plants, fly ash can be added to the concrete mix to improve its strength and durability.
- Stainless steel fibres: These fibres are added to the concrete mix to improve its strength and durability.
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC): PVC is made of plastic material and is commonly used in piping systems due to its inherent corrosion resistance property. It is a popular choice for construction applications due to its corrosion resistance, durability and environmental friendliness. PVC is resistant to corrosive chemicals, including acids and alkalis, thus making it ideal for use in chemical plants, water treatment facilities and underground pipelines.
- TMT bars: In recent years, the use of TMT bars with improved corrosion resistance has become increasingly popular in construction. In India, TMT bars are often referred to as “saria” in the local language. High-quality TMT bars are highly ductile, strong and are corrosion resistant. TMT bars owe their corrosion resistance to the presence of a protective layer of oxide on their surface. During their manufacturing, TMT bars are subjected to high temperatures and rapid cooling. It causes the outer layer of the TMT bar to harden. Also, due to the cooling process, a layer of oxide forms on the surface of the TMT bar. This oxide layer acts as a natural barrier that prevents air, moisture or other corrosive materials from penetrating to the underlying steel.
You might like to read: Reasons you should use the best quality sariya to make your home earthquake-resistant
If you are looking for the best saria brand in India, check SEL TIGER TMT bars. Available in sizes ranging from 5.5 mm to 32 mm, our TMT bars are not only corrosion resistant but are also earthquake and fire-resistant.
Top Challenges faced by homeowners during construction: Useful insights by a TMT bar supplier
As a homeowner, you will find your home construction project exciting and rewarding. But it can also come with some challenges. As a reputed TMT bar supplier, here we share useful insights on common challenges that you may face during construction:
1. Project approvals: The first step to building your dream home is getting the approvals for your project. You need to get several approvals before the contractor can start working on the project. You need to get approvals from several government and municipal bodies. This may entail a lot of applications and submissions which can be time-consuming. Some of the common approvals you need are:
- Land clearance
- Building approval
- Zonal approval
2. Finding the right contractor: Finding the right contractor who will understand your specific requirements and ensure the perfect home construction is very important. To shortlist potential contractors, you will have to research, read reviews and ratings online, and check to see if they are licensed.
3. Budget constraints: Staying within the budget is one of the biggest challenges you may face. The cost of construction materials, labour, and other expenses can quickly add up. It is important to carefully plan and allocate funds to stay on track. Thus, you must have a proper understanding of your budget and discuss it in detail with your contractor to avoid changes or modifications to the original plan.
4. Safety concerns: Construction sites are usually hazardous places. Therefore, it is important for you to make sure that the contractor you hire is reliable and follows all safety measures. This should be done for the safety of workers and site visitors like you and your family members.
5. Deciding the house plan and related changed orders: Change orders are required when you want to make changes to the initial construction plan. These changes will delay the project time and cost extra. It is recommended that you carefully consider the changes you want.
6. Finding quality building materials: Ensuring that your contractor uses high-quality building materials can be a major concern for you. You may face some challenges in deciding which cement, ready mix concrete, TMT bars, waterproofing solutions and other building materials to use. When you are choosing building materials, always ensure that you choose products that not just meet your budget but are also suitable in terms of durability and strength. The materials used in construction need to be strong enough to support the weight of the structure and withstand the various forces it will be subjected to, such as wind, rain and earthquakes.
To create a strong structure, you need good quality cement and TMT bars. Though cement is strong, you need TMT bars to give the structure stability and strength. When high-quality TMT bars are used, structures can resist the effects of seismic activities. Fe550D TMT bars are recommended for earthquake-prone zones.
Looking for a reputed TMT bar supplier?
If you are searching ‘TMT tmt bar suppliers near me’, online explore SEL Tiger TMT Bars. Made using the latest and advanced technology, SEL Tiger TMT Bars are corrosion and fire resistant. They are also highly ductile and resistant to earthquakes. SEL Tiger TMT bars have a higher elongation percentage than other TMT bars. This high bendability of SEL Tiger TMT bars help the structure to withstand tremors and the after-effects of earthquakes. Our SEL Tiger TMT bars are Fe 550D grade. For more details feel free to contact us.
FAQs on finding the best TMT bar manufacturer in Kolkata
TMT bars lend a building strength and stability. Therefore, choosing the right TMT bar manufacturer is crucial for ensuring the quality and reliability of these building materials. With so many options available in the market, it can be overwhelming to determine which manufacturer is the best fit for your project. If you are looking for the FAQs on finding the best TMT bar manufacturer in Kolkata, here are some FAQs and their answers that will help you an informed choice:
Question 1: How to find the best TMT bar manufacturer in Kolkata?
There are several ways to find the best TMT bar manufacturer in Kolkata:
- Research online: Start by looking up TMT bar manufacturers in Kolkata online. There are many B2B directories where you can find a wealth of information on TMT bar manufacturers and their and their products. It could be helpful to read the customer ratings and reviews to understand the quality of products they offer.
- Ask for recommendations: Ask a friend, colleague or relative who got their house constructed. You could also reach out to reliable contractors who have experience working with a TMT bar manufacturer in Kolkata and ask for their suggestions. They can recommend based on their own experiences.
- Consider the company’s reputation: Always look into the reputation of the manufacturer and their market popularity before you decide to choose them. Search for companies that have a proven track record of providing high-quality materials.
- Look for certifications: Choose a TMT bar company in Kolkata that offers certified TMT saria. Good quality TMT bars are BIS certified, ISO certified and NABL-approved.
Question 2: What factors should I consider when choosing the best TMT bar manufacturer in Kolkata?
When choosing the best TMT bar manufacturer in Kolkata, there are several factors you should consider:
- Quality of products: It is important to choose a brand that manufactures high-quality TMT Bars. Opt for manufacturers that use the latest technology and state-of-the-art equipment for manufacturing. Top manufacturers in Kolkata use hot treatment technology to ensure higher yield strength.
- TMT bar grade: You should look for the TMT bars companies that manufacture Fe550D grade bars. It is because they are widely used for commercial, residential and industrial projects.
- Delivery: Look for a TMT bar manufacturer that has dealers in Kolkata. This will ensure timely and reliable delivery.
- Location: It is always recommended to choose a manufacturer that has various factories which are spread out in different locations. This way scalability and timely delivery will not be an issue.
Question 3: How do I ensure that I am getting high-quality TMT bars?
To ensure that you are getting quality TMT bars, you must check their features. For instance, SEL Tiger TMT bars are known for their:
- Quality: The quality of TMT bars are solely dependent on the raw materials used for their production. SEL Tiger TMT bars are manufactured using 100% pure steel.
- Grade: TMT bars come in various grades of strength and ductility. 550D grade TMT bars are the most suitable for residential and commercial purposes. SEL Tiger TMT bars comply with IS 1786:2008 for CRS Fe550D Grade.
- Design: The strength of a TMT bar is also affected by its design. The unique ribbed design of SEL Tiger TMT Bars ensures a strong and long-lasting bond with concrete.
- Anti-corrosive properties: This is the most important quality to look for while buying TMT bars. Thanks to its anti-corrosive properties, SEL Tiger TMT Bars can withstand the effects of rain, salinity and acidic substances.
- Certification: SEL Tiger TMT bars are BIS and ISO certified. They also have NABL approval.
Question 4: What is the price range for TMT bars in Kolkata?
The price of TMT bars in Kolkata can vary depending on several factors, such as the size and strength of the bars and the manufacturer. For more details on TMT rod price in Kolkata, click here.
Using the best TMT bars for construction? Here are some do’s and don’ts you should know about
TMT bars are known for their superior ductility, high tensile strength, weldability and elongation. When you use the best TMT bars for construction, you can expect them to withstand significant loads and stress. However, to leverage the benefit of the best TMT rod for construction, they must be properly handled.
Here is a list of do’s and don’ts you can keep in mind while using the best TMT bars for construction:
- Use the correct size: The most important thing to keep in mind is that you are using the correct size and grade of bars for your construction. Based on the load-bearing requirements of the structure, the size and grade of the TMT bars should be used. The size of the concrete blocks or slabs should also be chosen accordingly. Discuss with a structural engineer or any other construction professional for their recommendations to ensure that you are using the right size and grade of TMT bars for your project.
- Ensure proper storage: Ensure that the TMT bars are kept in a dry and damp-proof storage place to protect them from moisture and degradation. TMT bars that need to be stored for a longer period of time need to be stored in secured packaging.
- Ensure that storage space is dry: The place where you are storing your TMT bars should be damp-proof. Any kind of moisture is not good for proper storage of TMT bars and they must always be stored in a dry space.
- Ensure proper ventilation: Make sure that the place where you are storing your TMT bars has proper ventilation. High levels of humidity can affect TMT bars.
- Do not over-stack : Ensure that your TMT bars are not stacked as that may lead to accidents. It is also advisable to not over-stack a storage space with TMT bars as that may also compromise the sturdy structure of the rod.
- Do not use damaged or bent bars: It is never recommended to use TMT bars that are damaged or bent. Carefully scrutinise the TMT bars before they are put to use. If you find damaged bars, discard them.
- Do not keep TMT bars on the floor: It is not advisable to keep TMT bars directly on the floor. This is done to avoid contact with dust particles and water droplets.
- Do not store them with abrasive materials: Never store paints, chemicals or any other corrosive substances in the same storage space as the TMT bars.
- Don’t use TMT bars for purposes other than their intended use: Different TMT bars are designed for specific applications. It is important to use TMT bars only for their intended purpose in construction. Using TMT bars for purposes other than reinforcing concrete structures can compromise their performance and safety. TMT bars are designed and manufactured specifically for reinforcing concrete and are not suitable for other applications.
Looking for the best TMT bars for construction?
If you are looking for the best TMT bar construction, consider SEL Tiger TMT bars. Here are some reasons to choose our TMT bars:
- Our TMT bars are made in automated CNC machines which give them accurate and perfect ribs. Manufactured using the latest quenching technology, SEL Tiger TMT bars have a unique rib design that ensures a long-lasting bond with the concrete. SEL Tiger TMT bars are Fe 550D grade which make them ideal for areas with high seismic activities.
- SEL Tiger TMT bars are fire and corrosion-resistant. They can withstand temperatures up to 600 degrees Celsius and withstand the effects of rain, salinity and acidic substances.
Building a new house? Here are different types of roofs you should know about
The roof of a house is one of the most important architectural elements of the house. It can help give your house a unique and signature look. If you are building a new house, it’s a good idea to understand the different types of roofs so that you can choose the right type to give your house the desired look and feel. As a reputed TMT saria company, we share with you a list of different types of roofs you should know about:
- Gable roofs: Gable roofs are among the most popular types of roofs. They have a distinctive triangular shape, which often forms an A-shape. They not only look elegant but also are affordable. As their design is so simple, it can be built with almost any type of material. They are ideal for areas that receive a lot of rain. The slope diverts the water downwards.
- Gambrel roof: Like gable roofs, gambrel roofs are also two-sided. But gambrel roofs have vertical gable ends and two slopes on each side. It makes the house look taller and gives increased storage or living space beneath its steeper sides.
- Hip roof: Often people confuse hip roofs with gable roofs. The two are distinct. Gable roofs have two symmetrical slopes on both sides. However, a hip roof slopes downward from all four sides. Hipped roofs are often preferred in extreme climates as the sturdy design makes them more durable. The design also prevents rainwater from accumulating.
- Flat roofs: As the name suggests, flat roofs are completely level or horizontal. They usually feature drain pipes and gutters to let water flow out. Usually flat roofs have one big advantage, they give you extra outdoor space that can be used to create a garden, place swings or use it as a patio.
- Butterfly roofs: Known for their distinctive design, butterfly roofs have two sides that slope down and meet in the middle, making a “V” or butterfly wings. These roofs are one of the most aesthetically pleasing. They can be used in traditional as well as ultra-modern houses. For proper drainage of water a downspout is attached to the roof valley (V-shaped area). The water collected can be recycled.
- Pyramid roofs: These roofs are a type of hip roof with four sloping sides. These roofs get their name from their shape that looks like ancient pyramids. They are different from standard hip roofs which form a ridge in the centre. Pyramid roofs are ideal for smaller homes as they make the house look larger from the outside. They can also be used as roofs for certain parts of the home such as garages or sheds. They are also sturdier than gable roofs.
- Mansard Roof: Synonymous with the French architecture, a mansard roof is a combination of a hip and a gambrel roof. This four-sided design has a double slope. The lower slopes can be flat or curved. The Louvre Museum in Paris is an excellent example of the mansard roof.
Looking for a TMT rod company for your house?
Now, that you know the different types of roofs, it’s important to understand that you create a strong foundation, columns and beams to give your house stability and strength. Although cement concrete is strong, it has low tensile strength. Therefore, high-quality TMT Bars are used in cement concrete to increase the tensile strength. As a reputed TMT rod company, we offer high-quality TMT bars. Available in sizes ranging from 5.5 mm to 32 mm, our SEL Tiger TMT bars are corrosion, earthquake, and fire-resistant. They are highly ductile and can hold the building during an earthquake for their tensile strength. 550D grade TMT bars are the most suitable for high seismic zones. SEL TIGER TMT bars comply with IS 1786:2008 for CRS Fe550D Grade. For more details, feel free to contact us.
How to build a strong building foundation? Useful insights on the use of TMT bars
There are no two ways that the foundation on which a building is built is the most significant component. It is the basis of a building that transfers load from the superstructure to the earth. There can be structural problems in the future if the foundation is not built properly. Once the foundation starts rusting or deteriorating, the base of the columns will sink into the ground making the structure unstable. Although foundations are made from a number of materials — reinforced concrete, TMT rods, and stone. Here we share with you tips on building a strong building foundation and how to use of TMT bars for it:
1. Know the soil condition: Before you start laying the foundation for your house, it is important to understand the type and condition of soil. The type of soil you are constructing upon plays a huge role in choosing the building materials. It is a good idea to get soil inspection done before proceeding with any construction. Some of the soil tests that are done before laying the foundation are:
- Moisture content test
- Specific gravity of soil
- Dry density of soil
- Compaction test
Note: The spacing of TMT bars depends on the type of soil.
2. Use high quality TMT bars: TMT bars play a significant role in giving the foundation much-needed strength and stability. Good quality TMT bars also help in resisting the effects of earthquakes. The TMT bars are placed inside a block of concrete. Ideally, TMT bars should not be too close to the earth. Although these rods are mechanically treated so that they can withstand a good amount of pressure and load, this is done to reduce the risk of corrosion. One of the best ways to avoid this problem is to use high quality corrosion resistant TMT bars.
If you are looking to buy corrosion-resistant TMT rods, explore SEL Tiger TMT bars. Manufactured using the latest quenching technology, SEL Tiger TMT bars come with enhanced anti-corrosive properties that ensure that they form a long-lasting bond with the concrete. Our TMT bars are not just corrosion-resistant but also earthquake-resistant. The high bendability of SEL Tiger TMT bars help the structure to withstand Tremors and after effects of earthquakes. As they comply with IS 1786:2008 for Fe 550D grade, SEL Tiger TMT bars give houses a strong foundation making them ideal for earthquake-prone areas. To know TMT bar price in West Bengal, click here. For information other than rod price in West Bengal, contact us.
3. The layout should be strategically planned: To make a strong foundation, the height and weight of the building needs to be taken into consideration. Usually, the foundation should be of equal length and size to take the weight of the house.
4. Make sure there is no water in the concrete: When you build the foundation, it needs to be dry. If you start constructing on wet cement, the water will get trapped inside and the foundation will remain weak. Make sure that the foundation has no signs of cracks or water seepage from time to time.
5. Use high quality bolts: The bolts that are fixed into the slab of the foundation play a significant role in making the foundation strong. Firstly, high quality and corrosion resistant bolts should be used. They should be set perfectly and evenly on the foundation.