The role of TMT bars in constructing sustainable buildings
Thermo Mechanically Treated (TMT) bars are widely used in construction projects to provide enhanced protection to buildings and other structures. These steel bars undergo a thermomechanical process which helps them withstand the effects of earthquakes and other kinds of natural disasters.
TMT bars are also known for their resistance to corrosion and extreme temperatures, which makes them an ideal choice for both residential and industrial constructions. Moreover, TMT bars are designed in a way that provides ductility and weldability to the bars, making them instrumental in building sustainable structures.
As one of the leading TMT bar companies, we share with you some of the useful insights on the role of TMT bars in constructing sustainable buildings:
- TMT bars can save a considerable amount of steel during construction:
TMT bars have high tensile strength and weldability which enables them to withstand external forces such as bending and pressure. And they provide the same strength as conventional steel bars with fewer bars.
Compared to traditional steel bars, the production of TMT bars is known to save more steel, as they require less steel for the same level of strength. TMT bars are also eco-friendly in the long run because they require a lesser number of bars for the overall construction and have high corrosion resistance, which reduces the need for repair or replacement.
- Reusable and recyclable
The construction sector is prioritising environmentally-integrated production, as well as reusing and recycling practices. This ensures that construction materials are carefully evaluated for their technical, environmental, and economic feasibility before construction begins. TMT bars are being preferred by builders and construction companies as they are reusable and recyclable.
Recyclability of TMT bars means that they can be converted or moulded into a new product or raw material for another product. TMT bars can be repurposed which keep them out of landfills for a longer period of time. For instance, if a building is being demolished, the TMT bars thus retrieved, can be repurposed into other construction materials and for building infrastructure. TMT bars can also be melted and recycled into different products such as vehicle and engine components, household appliances such as refrigerators and washing machines.
- Manufacturing process
The TMT bars are manufactured using a special metallurgical technique. This technique involves heating steel bars at high temperatures and rapidly cooling them in water, a process called quenching. Quenching enhances the mechanical properties of the steel while reducing waste and emissions. The process maximises resource utilisation and energy efficiency.
SEL Tiger TMT bars are manufactured using the German-based quenching system- THERMEX. The process uses iron ore and coal to produce 100% pure steel.
- Long lifespan
TMT bars have a longer lifespan in comparison with traditional steel bars. This factor also results in the sustainability of TMT bars. Also, using TMT bars can result in less foundational cost and a shorter completion period. TMT bars can also contribute to more integrated, robust, and safe installation procedures. Due to their high ductility, flexibility, and low maintenance, TMT bars are a viable option in the long run.
Looking for high-quality TMT bars for your next project?
If you are looking for a reliable and reputed TMT rebar manufacturer for your next construction project, explore SEL Tiger TMT Bars. SEL Tiger TMT Rebars are ideal for various construction projects, including residential, commercial, and infrastructure. They offer a superior combination of high strength and ductility that makes them highly suitable for these applications. The rebars are designed to be highly bendable, re-bendable, and easy to cut, providing greater flexibility during construction. Also, SEL Tiger TMT Rebar ensures the highest level of purity, making it a trusted and reliable choice for construction projects.
Looking for the best tmt brand in India? Check this read on hiring a cost-conscious builder
When it comes to building your dream home, you want to find a builder who understands the value of cost-consciousness. You want someone who can work with you to find cost-effective solutions without compromising on quality. A cost-conscious builder can help you stay within your budget by providing a detailed breakdown of the costs involved in the construction process. They can also help you make informed decisions about the materials and design choices where you can save money without compromising the structural integrity of the home. Here we discuss some useful tips to find a cost conscious builder who can help you achieve your goals within your budget:
- Comparing quotes: Check the market rates before you choose your builder. An ideal way to do that is by getting quotes from multiple builders. You can get a good deal when you get quotes from other builders. Comparing different prices and services will ensure that you are getting the best value for your money.
- Check experience: When looking for a cost-conscious builder, experience is an important deciding factor. Usually an experienced builder can easily identify different cost saving opportunities without compromising on the structural integrity of your house. Research a builder’s experience and quality of construction materials the builder uses in projects. Before selecting a builder, schedule a face-to face consultation to discuss their previous experiences and the cost-saving measures they have adopted. You can ask about the builder’s approach to customer satisfaction and timely delivery. You want to work with a builder who is responsive to your needs and is committed to delivering your project on time and within budget.
- Ask for references: One effective way to assess a builder’s credibility and work experience is to contact the previous customers. When you contact a builder’s former clients, ask about their overall experience, including the quality of work, service, communication, timeliness and adherence to budget. Also, ask whether there were any unexpected issues that arose during the project or not. If there were issues, how did the builder handle it?
- Check for certifications and licenses: Certifications are a proof of expertise and standard of quality offered by the builders. Search for builders who have proper certifications and valid licenses to conduct business. A certificate from a relevant authority ensures that the builder has demonstrated substantial knowledge and experience in the industry. Also, check whether the builders are members of any professional associations or not.
- Clarify payment terms: Before zeroing in on a builder, check whether you understand the initial estimates and payment terms. Before signing any contract, understand the initial estimates and payment terms. Also, seek clarification on any ambiguous or complex clauses – it will ensure that both the parties are on the same page. This will help you avoid any misunderstandings or arguments down the way.
- Get the details in writing: You need to have every detail of the project in writing. The details are inclusive of factors such as the scope of work, timeline and budget. These terms have to be clearly outlined in writing.
You might like to read: TMT bar in India for home construction: Check these useful insights
Searching for the best TMT brand in India?
Check SEL Tiger TMT Bars. Manufactured using the latest quenching technology, SEL Tiger TMT bars are tougher on the outside and soft on the inside. We provide ISO, BIS certified and NABL approved TMT bars. Our TMT bars are fire resistant – they can withstand high temperatures up to 600°C to 650°C. Our TMT bars have high tensile strength, which makes them ideal for use in earthquake-prone areas.
For more information on TMT bar strength and TMT bar price, contact us.
How construction companies can boost their business: Useful insights by SEL Tiger TMT, one of the best TMT bar companies in India
In recent years, with increased urbanisation and industrialisation, construction companies have faced a surge in demand for infrastructure, residential and commercial projects. However, with increase in demand, there has been an increase in competition. As a result, it has become important for construction companies to adopt effective strategies to boost their business performance, tap into new markets, and remain competitive in the industry. From streamlined operations and improved project management to effective marketing techniques, there are a myriad of strategies that construction companies can use to successfully navigate the landscape. Here we discuss some useful strategies that a construction company should consider to boost their business:
- Adding new services and competitive pricing: Integrating new and trendy services such as renewable energy installations, smart home technology installations or sustainable construction practices, can significantly boost the business of a construction company. It can help the company stand out from their competitors, boost its reputation, and appeal to a wider customer base. Also, competitive pricing can help customers make better purchasing decisions. When deciding on the pricing, study the competitors’ pricing patterns and adjust accordingly. For some projects, it can be a good idea to offer discounts and promotions which can also attract more customers.
- Leverage the power of technology: Investing in the latest technological advancements can help construction companies stay ahead of the competition and meet the demands of the modern construction industry. The companies should actively adopt new technologies such as Building Information Modeling (BIM) software, drones for surveying and mapping, and project management software which can help streamline construction processes, reduce errors, and increase efficiency.
- Maintain quality and safety: Placing a strong emphasis on quality and safety can help the construction company build a strong reputation in the market. When it comes to quality and safety, it is important that construction companies buy high-quality construction materials such as TMT bars, cement and concrete.
Reputed construction companies prefer using SEL Tiger TMT bars as they are certified for MS and CRS Grades through IS 2830:2012 compliance. They also comply with IS 1786:2008 for CRS, FE415, and Fe550D Grade. As one of the top TMT brands, SEL Tiger TMT bars boast of consistent quality that make them an ideal choice for all construction projects.
Companies should implement stringent quality control procedures to ensure that each and every aspect of the project – right from the planning to construction, meets the requisite industry standards and regulations.
Strict quality control processes also ensure that the final outcome meets the client’s requirements and reduces the risk of rework and costly errors.
Companies should also invest in employee training to keep their staff up-to-date with the advanced construction techniques, safety practices and quality standards.
- Collaboration: To achieve business growth, it is important for a construction company to expand its networks and offer extensive services to clients. This can be achieved by collaborating with different businesses such as architects, interior designers and suppliers. Great collaborations can boost the reputation of the company and increase its visibility in the industry. Construction companies can also partner with different builders and contractors to boost their business. Most construction companies gain a wider clientele and generate higher sales when they start building relationships with industry professionals and reputed manufacturers.
- Online presence: Construction companies should work on developing and maintaining an online presence on social media platforms and review sites. This helps them reach a wider client base and build a strong connection with them. When it comes to social media, companies can showcase their past projects, share client testimonials and provide substantial content to attract potential clients.
You might like to read: Construction Trends To Watch Out in 2023
Are you planning to buy the best TMT in India for your next project?
Check SEL Tiger TMT Bars. Made using the latest and advanced technology, our TMT bars are strong, bendable, fire and corrosion resistant. The unique rib design of our TMT bars gives maximum Rib Area (AR) value, ensuring a strong, long-lasting bond with cement (concrete). To know more about our TMT bars, get in touch with us.
Check this read on commonly used corrosion-resistant construction materials
When metal is exposed to moisture, air, saltwater and other environmental factors, it causes them to degrade and weaken over time – and this process is known as corrosion. Construction companies prefer corrosion resistant construction materials because corrosion can impact the structural integrity of a structure and can lead to complete failure. When construction materials are exposed to harsh environmental conditions, they can corrode, leading to structural damage and safety hazards. This is particularly concerning for infrastructural projects such as buildings, dams, bridges and other construction that need to withstand harsh environmental conditions. Over here we discuss some of the common corrosion resistant construction materials :
- Stainless Steel: Due to its high chromium content, stainless steel forms a protective oxide layer that resists corrosion. Stainless steel is highly durable and strong. It is widely used in structural constructions such as columns, beams and braces. Stainless steel sheets are also used in cladding and roofing to enhance the aesthetic appeal of the construction. Their durability and resistance to adverse climatic conditions also make them a popular choice for building bridges, handrails and facades.
- Aluminium: Construction companies use aluminium due to its lightweight and its corrosion resistant properties. resistance to corrosion. Aluminium forms an oxide layer on its surface when exposed to air, which protects it from natural corroding substances such as moisture, salt and acidic substances. It is popularly used for roofing, gutters, and siding. Aluminium is also used in beams, columns, and trusses due to its light weight and strength. In addition to roofing and cladding, aluminium is widely used to manufacture doors and windows. Since aluminium is easy to work with, it is used to build curtain walls, which are non-load bearing walls that let in natural light while also maintaining optimum insulation throughout the year.
- Galvanised Steel: Galvanised steel is coated with a layer of zinc, which makes it an excellent corrosion-resistant material. It is widely used in different outdoor applications, such as fencing, roofing, handrails, balustrades and lighting poles. Galvanisation is the process of coating galvanised steel with a layer of zinc. The zinc coating acts as a sacrificial anode and corrodes first when exposed to moisture and harmful chemicals, protecting the underlying steel from corrosion. The process of galvanisation makes galvanised steel a popular choice for construction and industrial applications.
- Concrete with corrosion-resistant additives: Concrete is not inherently corrosion-resistant. However, when special additives are used in the correct proportions and under the right conditions, they can significantly improve the corrosion resistance of concrete. A few of these additives are:
- Corrosion inhibitors: Corrosion inhibitors are added to concrete mix or applied to the surface after concrete has been poured. They reduce the rate of corrosion by inhibiting the chemical reactions causing it.
- Waterproofing agents: It reduces the amount of water that penetrates the concrete, helping to prevent corrosion caused by moisture.
- Silica fume: A fine powder that is added to improve the strength and durability of concrete.
- Fly ash: A byproduct of coal-fired power plants, fly ash can be added to the concrete mix to improve its strength and durability.
- Stainless steel fibres: These fibres are added to the concrete mix to improve its strength and durability.
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC): PVC is made of plastic material and is commonly used in piping systems due to its inherent corrosion resistance property. It is a popular choice for construction applications due to its corrosion resistance, durability and environmental friendliness. PVC is resistant to corrosive chemicals, including acids and alkalis, thus making it ideal for use in chemical plants, water treatment facilities and underground pipelines.
- TMT bars: In recent years, the use of TMT bars with improved corrosion resistance has become increasingly popular in construction. In India, TMT bars are often referred to as “saria” in the local language. High-quality TMT bars are highly ductile, strong and are corrosion resistant. TMT bars owe their corrosion resistance to the presence of a protective layer of oxide on their surface. During their manufacturing, TMT bars are subjected to high temperatures and rapid cooling. It causes the outer layer of the TMT bar to harden. Also, due to the cooling process, a layer of oxide forms on the surface of the TMT bar. This oxide layer acts as a natural barrier that prevents air, moisture or other corrosive materials from penetrating to the underlying steel.
You might like to read: Reasons you should use the best quality sariya to make your home earthquake-resistant
If you are looking for the best saria brand in India, check SEL TIGER TMT bars. Available in sizes ranging from 5.5 mm to 32 mm, our TMT bars are not only corrosion resistant but are also earthquake and fire-resistant.
Home building trends to watch out in 2023: From biophilic design to the use of the best iron rods in India
With each year comes an opportunity to re-think your home and make it more comfortable, stylish, and functional. With that in mind, here we share with some of the best home-building trends to watch out in 2023:
1. Biophilic design: If there’s one trend that is unlikely to fade, it’s the biophilic design. It is a concept used to increase your connection to nature by incorporating natural materials. Biophilic design principles can be implemented in any type of home, from contemporary to traditional. In a traditional home, this might mean incorporating more wood panelling or stone fireplaces. In a contemporary home, it might mean large windows and ample houseplants. Some of the biophilic design ideas include:
- Use plants as a design element: Plants can help purify the air and make the space look more lively. They can also add visual interest and a sense of tranquillity to any space. You can dedicate an entire wall to plants, line your staircase with potted plants. You can also have a terrace or balcony garden.
- Highlight the outside view: If you are constructing your home, make sure the design elements not only allow more sunlight in but also capture the beauty of outdoor view such as landscape or city views. You can frame views of the outdoors with large picture windows. Large windows will also let in sunlight, making the space look bright and airy.
- Decorate with natural elements: Apart from decorating with plants, you can capture a natural feel by filling your home with textures, colours, and shapes that mimic nature. The use of natural materials such as stone, wood, cork, bamboo, and coir can help you achieve a rustic and close-to-nature look.
2. Use of best iron rods in India: Before building a house, it is essential to lay a strong foundation. The quality of the construction materials used will determine how well the foundation will withstand the ravages of time and weather. When choosing construction materials, it is important to select the best quality products to ensure the longevity and strength of the structure. One of the most important components of a strong foundation is the iron bars used to reinforce the concrete. Careful planning is required to choose the best quality iron bars. Here are a few things you should consider when buying the best quality iron:
- Manufacturing technique: The quality of a TMT bar is determined by the manufacturing technique used. SEL Tiger TMT bars are manufactured using the latest THERMEX technology. The advanced quenching method gives our SEL Tiger TMT bars a unique rib design which ensures a strong, long-lasting Tiger Bond with RCC.
- Bendability: One of the unique properties of TMT bars is their bendability. It is because of the advanced quenching process. TMT bars are tough on the surface yet soft in the core. This makes it easy to bend without breaking, making them ideal for use in a variety of construction projects.
- Earthquake resistance: Mechanical features such as high elongation percentage and high yield strength are critical for defining the bar’s capacity to withstand shocks caused by earthquake. Our SEL Tiger TMT bars have 16% elongation, which exceeds the 12% industry standard. This makes our TMT bars appropriate for use in high seismic zones.
- Fire resistance: Good quality TMT bars have higher thermal stability and fire resistance. Our SEL TMT bars have a higher melting point, meaning that they can withstand higher temperatures before they start to melt.
3. Colourful kitchens: The kitchen is the heart of the house. It is where you cook and gather with family and friends. So it’s no wonder that homeowners are ensuring that the kitchen is no longer dull and drab. Gone are the days of all-white cabinets and counters. Modern kitchens have a dual-colour scheme, creating a contrast.
4. Black accents: If you are looking to give your home a stylish update in the near future, you may want to consider painting your window frames black. This trend has been slowly gaining popularity over the past few years and it shows no signs of slowing down. Black window frames can give a modern and sophisticated look to any home and they can be easily paired with lacquered entryway doors.
5. Bold wallpaper: The wallpapers are back with a bang. These days, homeowners are using striking wallpapers to change the entire look and feel of the room. A colourful and wallpaper can elevate the look of a drab entryway or a cramped corner. A subtle wallpaper adds dimension and makes the room look spacious.
6. Statement ceiling: Statement ceilings are the latest interior design trend to take over residential spaces. Turning the spotlight on your ceiling instead is a great way to shake things up and create a cool design moment.
Looking for the best TMT bar company in India?
We manufacture high-quality TMT bars. We have factories in Sambalpur, Jamuria. Mangalpur, Pakuria and Girdih. Our Jamuria and Mangalpur plants cater to customers belonging to West Bengal. Our SEL Tiger TMT bars are fire-resistant, corrosion-resistant, earthquake resistant. As they have excellent bendability and flexibility, they are ideal for earthquake-prone areas. They are certified by BIS and ISO.For more information feel free to contact us.
Useful insights on creating the perfect floor plan for your home
A floor plan shows the basic layout of the property in scale from an aerial view. The drawing shows the relationship between rooms and how people will move through them. If you are getting your house built, an architect will design a floor plan that will give you an idea of the flow of the space. It will serve as the initial blueprint for your home that the contractors will refer to during construction. Here are some useful for creating the perfect floor plan for your home:
- Know the traffic flow: The layout of your home can have a big impact on the way you live. If you’re looking for a more open and spacious feel, an open-plan living/dining/kitchen space may be right for you. This type of floor plan is becoming increasingly popular as it can make a home feel larger. Another important consideration is the flow between indoors and outdoors. If you plan to spend a lot of time gardening, you’ll want to make sure your backdoor is open to the kitchen or near a small bathroom so you can easily wash the dirt off before tracking it through the house.
- Ensure to have a good amount of storage: Having a place for everything and keeping your things organised can be a challenge, especially if your storage spaces are limited. That’s why it’s important to plan ahead and make sure you have enough room to store all of your belongings. When you’re designing your home, be sure to include plenty of pantries, closets, and built-in cabinets. You can always fill the extra space with items that you use on a daily basis or seasonal decor. But if your storage areas are too small, you’ll find yourself constantly struggling to find a place for your things.
- Be practical: While the clean lines and open concept of modern home design have their merits, there is something to be said for a more traditional floor plan. If you entertain often or have children, you may find that an open concept house can feel a bit chaotic. Having defined spaces for different activities such as a living room for relaxing and a family room for watching TV can help to create a sense of order in your home. Though it may seem like a small detail, having a closet or mudroom near the front entrance can be extremely convenient for both you and your guests. When it comes to your home, don’t be afraid to go against the trend and choose what works best for you and your family.
- Be aware of the future needs: When you are planning your dream home, it is important to think about more than just the present. You also need to think about the future and how your needs may change over time. For example, if you have children:
- Will your home be able to accommodate many children?
- Is there any space for a nursery?
- Do you have space to boost your home-based business?
Note: Make sure the contractor uses top-quality construction materials. TMT Bars are one of the most important building materials as they support the entire structure. Use 550D TMT bars as they are known for high strength and ductility.
Are you looking for the best TMT bar company in India?
If you are looking for the best iron rods in India, explore SEL Tiger TMT bars. Our TMT bars are corrosion and fire-resistant and earthquake-resistant. Our TMT bars are ISO certified, BIS certified and NABL approved. Get in touch with us to know more.
Looking for the best TMT bar company in India? Here are some attributes to check
TMT bars are an important component in home construction. They are used in various applications, including masonry walls, reinforcement of concrete structures and steel frame buildings. When it comes to choosing the best TMT bar company in India, it can be a tad difficult. Here we have listed some of the attributes that you need to look out for when choosing the right TMT bars manufacturers in India:
- Manufacturing technology:
What separates a good manufacturer from an ordinary one is how they manufacture TMT bars. Best TMT bars manufacturers in India use the latest technology to ensure better grip in concrete, good elongation and fire and corrosion resistance. Our SEL TMT bars are manufactured with 100% pure steel using THERMEX technology. The unique rib design of our TMT bars ensures a strong and durable bond with cement.
- TMT bar grades that the company offer
Different TMT bar manufacturers in India offer products of different grades. The grade of the TMT bar determines the bar’s strength and elongation. At the time of selecting a manufacturer, make sure they offer the grade that you need. Fe550D TMT bars are among the most preferred grades across different industries. They are fire and corrosion resistant which makes them ideal for residential, commercial and multi-storey projects. They are also preferred for construction in earthquake-prone areas.
- Check the company’s market reputation
There are no two ways that the reputation of the company matters a lot. To check a company’s market reputation, first, ensure that they offer only certified products. Also look for important information on the manufactuers’ website such as manufacturing capability, customer testimonials and projects in which their products have been used. For instance, our SEL Tiger TMT bars are BIS certified, ISO certified and NABL approved. We have manufacturing units spread across West Bengal and Odisha. We have one plant each in Pakuria, Jamuria, Mangalpur (West Bengal) and Sambalpur (Odisha). Our TMT bars have been used in some of the leading housing projects.
- Make sure they offer rust and fire-resistant TMT bars
When selecting TMT bars manufacturers in India, quality and safety should be your top priority. Select manufacturers that offer products that can withstand exposure to fire and moisture. Made with superior technology, our SEL Tiger TMT Bars can withstand the impacts of harsh external weather such as rain, groundwater salinity or acidic substances. Our TMT bars are fire-resistant, they can withstand high temperatures up to 600°C to 650°C.
- Look for manufacturers that offer earthquake-resistant TMT bars
If you live in an area with a high seismic zone, it’s a good idea to go for a manufacturer that offers TMT bars with earthquake-resistant properties. In earthquake-prone areas, the government has made it compulsory to use TMT bars with earthquake-resistant properties. Our SEL Tiger TMT bars have high bendability, allowing it to withstand the effects of earthquakes.
For more details about our TMT bars, get in touch with us