Building your own custom home is an incredible opportunity to create a space that suits your preferences and lifestyle. You have the freedom to select everything you want, starting from building materials to house plans . If you are getting your house constructed, here are some construction trends to watch out in 2023:
1. Open and flexible floor plans: Modern homes have become synonymous with open floor plans. Unobstructed by walls, open floor plans make the living room area a unified space where the kitchen, the dining space and living area merge. Such floor plans remove separation and provide a more free-flowing area for entertainment or family time.
2. Individual style: Construction trends are reflecting a move toward personal style and individuality. More and more homeowners are choosing designs and materials that reflect who they are. Rather than working around a pre-existing home’s floor plan, homeowners are planning every detail to create their dream home. For instance, from home office to home gym, from floor to ceiling windows to skylights, homeowners are making their house an extension of their personality.
3. Sustainable building practices: Standard construction practices often contribute towards air pollution, water pollution and waste generation. However, homeowners, architects and contractors are adopting a “green” approach. Homeowners ask their contractors to opt for eco-friendly building materials and practices to make their home sustainable. From using cement and concrete that consume less water to making provisions for water harvesting and solar panels, there’s a huge interest in reducing the overall footprint of the house.
4. Earthquake-resistant buildings: As 56% of India’s land area is prone to moderate-to-severe earthquakes, homeowners are making sure that they use high-quality construction materials to give their homes the stability and strength to resist the effects of earthquakes. One way to ensure the stability of a structure is to use earthquake-resistant TMT rods. High quality TMT rods have good bendability. This ensures that they do not break under stress.
If you are looking for top best quality TMT rods, explore SEL Tiger TMT bars. Standard TMT rods have 14% elongation whereas SEL TigerTMT bars have 16% elongation. This bendability and flexibility help TMT bars in resisting the effects of earthquakes. SEL Tiger TMT bars comply with IS 1786:2008 for CRS Fe550D Grade. The unique composition of 550D allows our SEL Tiger TMT bars to resist corrosion and weathering, making it a durable choice for any construction project. Click here for rod price in Odisha. For more information, contact us.
5. Outdoor living: While it is not a new trend, there’s a renewed interest among homeowners in making outdoor spaces more livable. Homeowners are converting their backyards and patios into extended living spaces for dining and entertaining purposes. Outdoor kitchens, water features, and gazebos make the outdoor space more functional and stylish.
Patterns and bold colours: While the last few years have seen a strong presence of minimalism and neutrals, there has been a shift to patterns and bold colours. Homeowners are using deep and moody colour tones to lend their homes a unique look. To break the monotony of neutral walls, patterned furniture pieces are being used. Wallpaper back with a bang. They are being used to add a “wow” factor to the living space.